How to make a hit song.....maybe.

• beat this! voting starts in...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Fuck.... let me get that producer money...I'd do the entire project for half of that and just go for back end money.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
another way to justify rapin the artist thats using the song on the label... sigh...

its also fucked up how theyre sayin a vid costs over $100,000, yet im seein fly vids on youtube with a hi-def cam, and a macbook.. i wonder how much THAT cost? foh!

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah..but some of those directors are the ones that are paid the big money to direct these videos....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
WTF? Over a million dollars for 1 song? See it's completely misleading and it's like you said, it's not necessarily the price to DO the music or the video or whatever, it's paying the person to do it. $20,000 for a beat is a lot, but you're paying for the name of the producer of course.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
WTF? Over a million dollars for 1 song? See it's completely misleading and it's like you said, it's not necessarily the price to DO the music or the video or whatever, it's paying the person to do it. $20,000 for a beat is a lot, but you're paying for the name of the producer of course.

In comparison to what? 9th and Primo consistently get around 25k a track. You know Swizz and Timbo get more.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I don't see Premier getting that much per track, these days....there's a lot of underground cats who can't afford that much for a beat and you see Primo all over it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
To me it's like anything else...you find your niche, perfect it until it doesnt matter who's spitting on it ...all that matters is that it's going to be a hit, then make'em pay top dollar for your work. Just ride that until the wheels fall off.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
That sounds right. Albeit it's the old industry way of doing things, which is why the record companies are bleeding money. It's also one of the problems with music today.

Remember what I told you about writing pools? They call it a "camp" here.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
That sounds right. Albeit it's the old industry way of doing things, which is why the record companies are bleeding money. It's also one of the problems with music today.

Remember what I told you about writing pools? They call it a "camp" here.

They shuv out 20 old guys for 1 new guy hehe