How to make slow trap vocals?¿

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Sounds like a pretty spasticated question, but yeah...

Everytime I've pitched down vocal clips I have, the quality seems to be raped.

I'm aiming to have a really clear/decent quality low-pitched vocal clip. Just to kinda loop about over a beat.

What advice you guys got on that?! Do you just find / record a deep vocal take initially then pitch it, or what? I'm sure there's various methods!

Much love

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
im sure its just a matter of pitch shifting normal vocals. some software allows you to pitch shift without affecting the timing ie time stretchiing
Which software have you used to change pitch w.o changing timing? I've been trying to find a better way to do this too

Just pitch shift the vocals. The end result might sound crap depending on the software you use to achieve it. Kontakt 5 did have a not so good algorithm in Time Machine whenever you pitched/time stretched.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just use the pitch shift plug in in audiosuite in pro tools, and sometimes i bring in the original vocal underneath to add a bit of clarity.

dangerous

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
i usually double the time, same as dropping the voice by an octave. usually gets the effect i want. if i want to keep the time the same, i'll do that, then halve the time in ableton. sounds better to take something longer and make it shorter than the other way around (imagine having a piece of paper... with a pair of scissors, it's a lot easier to make a nice looking shorter piece than a nice looking longer piece)

members online