How to make that sound when the record stops

B

bigcrickett

What's up fam, I have a question concerning how to make that sound when the record stops like what's going on in alot of Southern production right now. If you listen to Dj Khaled you should pretty much get what i'm talking about. My biggest thing though is I don't have turntables to make this sound i'm trying it in FL Studio with the Fruity Scratcher but not really understanding the mechanics in doing this. Has anyone completed this effect in FL Studio and if so please explain. I would greatly appreciate it.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I think he means the Beoooo...lol.. I was wondering if anyone had techniques on this myself....I also dont have turntables...

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
Couldn't you automate the pitch on a sample and pull the pitch down to get the effect. Move it pretty quick to replicate the sound of the stop button being hit or slowly to replicate the sound of the power being turned off and the deck just winding down.

The other option is to check out a few turntablist mix tapes, wait for a bit where they shut the turntable off and sample it. Most of the time they use that effect somewhere.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
The way all producers/engineers achieve that is by using a plugin called "Vari-Fi"

The plugin comes in a bundle with Recti-Fi, Lo-Fi, and Sci-Fi. All useful plugins in their own right.

Look it up. digidesign makes it. It only has 2 options, slow down, and speed up. You highlight the portion you want to effect in pro tool, you choose slow down or speed up, and click process. It will either make a record starting up sound, or a record stopping sound.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
The way all producers/engineers achieve that is by using a plugin called "Vari-Fi"

The plugin comes in a bundle with Recti-Fi, Lo-Fi, and Sci-Fi. All useful plugins in their own right.

Look it up. digidesign makes it. It only has 2 options, slow down, and speed up. You highlight the portion you want to effect in pro tool, you choose slow down or speed up, and click process. It will either make a record starting up sound, or a record stopping sound.

yo thanks man.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I don't know if FL has it, but you can accomplish that in Adobe Audition, it's a simple effect they have in the menu.

i wuz just going to say that...the times i used cool edit ive seen and used it its a simple effects like fade said and is really easy to use..

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
u COULD actually just make your own mouth noise into a mic and use that and it would be more original...
I wish yall WOULD say I cant do it! lol
For real tho, it makes it your own , and aint hard. If you ever beatboxed its elementry

U CANT DO IT

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dunno if this is the effect you looking for but what i do is put edison on my master channel (temporarily) and then record the section i want slowdown or stop, then i load fruity scrather and load the sample from edison into it .. then below the scrather i load edison again then hit record and play with the speed to get that slow down effect first and then record a couple of scratches .. then i cut what i need and just load it into fruity slicer .. or the pattern list .. hope this helps

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks relic .. im learning from the best ..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
D

deedzstreet

you can just download the sound effect for it which is what wack producers such as dj khaled do not saying using sound fonts is wack just wanted to express my hatred for wack artists...... srry entertainers....... re srry wanna be entertainers!!!