How to slow down a part of a song?

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
What's up y'all?
How do you slow down a specific part in Fl? Kind of like turning the motor off on turntables, is it possible to do in fl? I tried automating a pitch shift lower, but it didn't sound that good and the tempo of the song still stayed the same.

H

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There's no drums. I just want to slow down a synth till it stops, like an effect for the end of a song or something.

H

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's best to do this in POST PRODUCTION!!! Especially if you want that effect at the end of the song. Get the song mixed properly to the stage where it's going to master and you can do it as simply as RESAMPLING IT and using Serato to give it a real authentic dj letting the record wind down to a stop feel.

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ya that's def an option, although I kinda wanted to know how to do it during a song, like before an important section or something. I'm sure it can easily be done in Pt or logic, but I can't think of a way to do it in fl.

H

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Get a tape stop plugin
dBlue Glitch has tape stop in it. Its a very good plugin itself, I'd suggest just getting that as opposed to one plugin solely dedicated to tapestop -- unless its just better, more controls, etc.
You can automate the mix, or automate the active/inactive in the mixer.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
use fruity scratcher on your master channel and record the output into edison then place it in the play list at the point u want to slow down ...

members online