How to sound like Michael Jackson

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
The MC-307 is a good little hardware sequencer/sound module - I own one, and it's okay.

However, I seriously doubt MJ uses much in his work simply because - there are so many better sounds out there. I'm sure he has one as a "notepad" of sorts to capture his ideas on, and maybe a few sounds make the cut - but the King of Pop has to been on top sonically.

BTW - I don't think you meant it like this, but if you thought the 307 was used in Billie Jean - we're out of luck - it was first introduced in 2000.

If I did want to sound like Michael Jackson, I'd try to emulate the Bad/Thriller Quincy Jones sound. If I wanted to sound like that punk Rodney Jerkins - I'd just play some unquantized, synth heavy, wobbly bullshit. He would've been better off enlisting The Neptunes, Timbaland, Dallas Austin, Babyface, and maybe even Swiss Beats to do his last album "Incomprehensable"

One - Phreeze

Oh yo - I think my Dad's gone craaaazy...

Attachments

• jackson1120.jpg
    jackson1120.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 255
I

Ieetplayer

Michael Jackson couldnt guess what that thing is. You see how irrational he is with his money. He buys things just beacause they look pretty. That thing did have alot of colors on it.

B

Briellz

I know this topic is farely old.....

But what I thought was supa funny was when he said he was Peter Pan. Gawd...I like that dude...but he is kinda unstable in the head!

B

Briellz

Dark Child is dope all around on the R&B tip. Damn....he's been doin it since he was like 15 or 16 years old.

B

Beatbrigade

i wonder what drum machine they used for beat it and billie jean?!

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
how to sound like Michael Jackson....get kicked in the nuts

members online