how would i......

hoodlike101

ill o.g.
like if i found a song i liked right and i wanted 2 sample just the words to the chorus. how would i do that and how would i make the voice go up? like Kanye did in "through the wire"?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
sample the vocals you want put it in the beat where you want it. then i raise the pitch to make it high sounding and then slow the sample down so you can still hear what the person is saying. this isn't exactly like a kanye technique- i don't even know how to do that shit like through the wire, but this is how i do it and it sounds similar but it's not exactly the same.....
get the sample
raise the pitch- to your liking
then slow sample down cuz the high pitch will make the vocals sound faster.....that kid

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hoodlike101 said:
like if i found a song i liked right and i wanted 2 sample just the words to the chorus. how would i do that and how would i make the voice go up? like Kanye did in "through the wire"?
if you are talking about sampling the vocals on a track with music behind the vocals, you cant get rid of the music.....kanye gets access to master tapes.....the voice go up thing is just fucking painfully obvious though

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
kanye won't have had access to the master tapes for through the fire by chaka kahn you can remake the track easy enough, the chorus is just the chaka khan chorus pitched up theres no special technique to it !

Reyne

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
if you want just the chorus your best off chasing acapellas. that way you dont waste time TRYING to remove the music. and like 'markn' said just raise the pitch. Check out Madlib/Quasimodo.