How you feel, when you got this FIRE beat, and people don't like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MIKELABZ

Formant024 said:
skillz schmillz, anyone can read a book I guess.

Anyway, people are different too, people might find the beats you gave the least attention the best. Beats that got full attention, workz, the lot are mostly aimed for a particular execution meaning that your targeting at a smaller succes unless you're already dominating the charts.

AND NOW A QUOTE FROM MR. OBVIOUS::

NOBODY INCLUDING YOU WILL LIKE EVERY ASPECT OF UR BEATS SO DONT BE SUPRISED WHEN THAT STATEMENT BECOMES TRUE.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol, yea i agree with you cold although i produce like 99% sampled beats, which most people seem to think you can knock out like 5 a day ! i tend to make more like 5-10 a month because i spend time not so much on adding stuff maybe sum small things but more getting wot i already have as good as it can be !
You've got to put work into the songs but its not always right to add more, one of the best bits of advice i had woz to listen to that track and it will tell you if it needs more if its not telling you that dont add more even if if u only got say 3 elements if its dope its dope so leave it and give the stuff in the track room to breath !

M

MIKELABZ

MarkN said:
lol, yea i agree with you cold although i produce like 99% sampled beats, which most people seem to think you can knock out like 5 a day ! i tend to make more like 5-10 a month because i spend time not so much on adding stuff maybe sum small things but

WHATEVER THE NUMBER OF TRACKS U PRODUCE A MONTH, ONE THING U GOTTA REALIZE THAT THE INDUSTRY DONT CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY SO MUCH AS HOW RAPIDLY U CAN PRODUCE THEM.

SO WHILE UR FIDDLING WITH ADDING THIS AND THAT, REALIZE THAT TIME IS MONEY AND UR PROLLY GONNA GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SIMPLICITY.

-MIKE

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Part of the industry does and part of it wont. Also take into consideration that the duration of your succes is much shorter than of those who put more quality in their productions, that these quality producers will be doing this job longer because they wont be played out that fast, that because they're more likely to work behind the curtain have more chances to do this for a career than a one day wonder. I mean, these people are branded by their own design and most of em, due to the amount of productions, fail to diversify and set a new hype. The hype dies and you're carreer too. There no such things as quick money on the long runn, there such a thing a lot of money on the long runn. Hypes die quickly, nice while it lasted and they will give you a fair deal of revenue but keeping the attention to you is something else. Take Timbaland for example, failry good producer with signature productions. You dont hear or see that much about him these days like he did 2 or 3 years ago. He started in the game with genuine and now he has some exploits but that will get less and less with the time coming. These producers dissappear in time and to be honest, there aint many producers able to top his programming skills these days, not if you look at the average crap these days, so guess how long these producers these days will last.

Simplicity... I just see a lot of noobs being heavily promoted, it simple yeah but I have more respect for those who dont sell out for the sake of major label because there are still quality production out there, just less.

Finally, a quote I've probably posted for 10th time so far

So what's so special about this? I can dial through a few hundred patches on a dozen pieces of equipment in a matter of minutes by only touching the MPC track-/+ buttons with one hand and master controller keys/program change with the other hand. A great time saver arrangement when I have an idea on the top of my head and need to get it out. In an inspirational moment I can whack out and entire song in 15-20 minutes. This is probably why I don't have that much recorded. If you could blow snot out of your nose every half hour would you keep any of it?

My points exactly, not everybody in here is willing to go quick for the money, it's also a hobby, a lifestyle. Money is nice, but if you really wanna turn pro in this game you look past hiphop and really diversify into other genres, even those you might not like. That's real to me.

M

MIKELABZ

Formant024 said:
Part of the industry does and part of it wont. Also take into consideration that the duration of your succes is much shorter than of those who put more quality in their productions, that these quality producers will be doing this job longer because they wont be played out that fast, that because they're more likely to work behind the curtain have more chances to do this for a career than a one day wonder. I mean, these people are branded by their own design and most of em, due to the amount of productions, fail to diversify and set a new hype. The hype dies and you're carreer too. There no such things as quick money on the long runn, there such a thing a lot of money on the long runn. Hypes die quickly, nice while it lasted and they will give you a fair deal of revenue but keeping the attention to you is something else. Take Timbaland for example, failry good producer with signature productions. You dont hear or see that much about him these days like he did 2 or 3 years ago. He started in the game with genuine and now he has some exploits but that will get less and less with the time coming. These producers dissappear in time and to be honest, there aint many producers able to top his programming skills these days, not if you look at the average crap these days, so guess how long these producers these days will last.

Simplicity... I just see a lot of noobs being heavily promoted, it simple yeah but I have more respect for those who dont sell out for the sake of major label because there are still quality production out there, just less.

Finally, a quote I've probably posted for 10th time so far

My points exactly, not everybody in here is willing to go quick for the money, it's also a hobby, a lifestyle. Money is nice, but if you really wanna turn pro in this game you look past hiphop and really diversify into other genres, even those you might not like. That's real to me.

AS LONG AS WE GETTING INTO LONGEVITY... WE MIGHT AS WELL PUT OUT THE WORD SURVIVAL... OR EVEN STAMINA FOR THAT MATTER...

TO SURVIVE THIS DAY AND AGE YOU NEED MONEY... I DONT CARE WHO U ARE... MONEY IS IN EVERY FORM OF HUMAN LIFE.. WHETHER U TRADE GOATS IN THE JUNGLE OR U TRADE CARS IN A DEALERSHIP... SO UR WILLINGLESS TO TAKE AND MAKE MONEY IS UR KEY TO HOW LONG U WILL CONTINUE TO PROCEED WITH MAKING MONEY AND HOW IT IS THAT U WILL DO SO.

STAMINA AKA ENDURANCE AKA PRESERVERANCE IS HOW LONG U WILL DO SOMETHING TO MAKE SURE IT GETS DONE TO UR FULLEST ABILITY. AS LONG AS U NEED MONEY, IM SURE U WILL CONSCIEOUSLY OR SUB CONSCIEOUSLY MAP OUT HOW MUCH U ARE WILLING TO DO. UR SUCCESS OR FAILURE IS SOLELY DEPENDANT ON HOW HUNGRY U ARE.

IF U ARE HUNGRY FOR MAKING TIME CONSUMING QUALITY BEATS AND GETTING PAID MODERATELY, THEN THATS WHERE U WILL GO. IF U ARE HUNGRY FOR MAKING QUICK LOW QUALITY BEATS AND GETTING PAID ON THE LOW END THEN THATS WHERE U WILL BE. IF U ARE HUNGRY FOR MAKING HIGH QUALITY BEATS IN A MODERATE TIME AND GETTING PAID QUALITY DOLLARS, THEN THATS WHERE U'LL BE.

DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TIME, HOW MUCH QUALITY, AND HOW MUCH HUNGER U HAVE WILL ALL DETERMINE WHERE U WILL BE IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS.

U CAN TAKE TIMBALAND AS AN EXAMPLE. HE MADE HIS BEATS, HE GOT HIS FAME, MOST IMPORTANTLY HE GOT HIS MONEY AND NOW HE'S ON WHAT WE CALL THE HIP HOP SOCIAL SECURITY. HE STAYS SOCIAL ENOUGH TO SECURE THE FACT THAT HE IS STILL AROUND. HE STILL GETTING PAID BUT THE HUNGER ISNT THERE LIKE IT USED TO BE.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It's not up to timboland's hunger, it's not up for him to decide whether his carreer ends or not. Played out according to his major, people want to hear different hiphop and there's nothing he can do about it now. Social security, off course, you can settle for the money you have, but what's the point in being a topnotch producer if you can't release your tracks anymore. Word, have the money but if you like what you do than I'm sure it's disturbing the shiznits out of a producers if wont get the attention he deserves, simply because he's played out. It's where the cliché comes into practice; "money aint everything".

The hunger you refer to is greed, like I said before, not all are greedy. The fact that there's a demand for instant crappy beats is because it's so easy to choose from for the majors because they need to revenue first, I mean, there's tonnes of such producers and merely a few are cut out to last, those few are mostly those who do put effort into their work. But then again, it's all relative because it's not up to any of the producers but to the major labels that pay them. From my point I can see those behind the curtains to last the longest, those who still produce, mix and record at their 50's which I dont see happening with most of the hiphopproducers. My thoughts on this is that you aint in it for the music, the love and devotion but simply out for a cheap buck, these peeps aint to true to hiphop they just selling a culture. That's a matter of principles so what are we really talking about son. You wanna make a buck, who cares what your shiznit sounds like, but dont mistake other people who do care. Again, that about principles, ethics without those you're a sell out or a copycat.

M

MIKELABZ

Formant024 said:
It's not up to timboland's hunger, it's not up for him to decide whether his carreer ends or not. Played out according to his major, people want to hear different hiphop and there's nothing he can do about it now. Social security, off course, you can settle for the money you have, but what's the point in being a topnotch producer if you can't release your tracks anymore. Word, have the money but if you like what you do than I'm sure it's disturbing the shiznits out of a producers if wont get the attention he deserves, simply because he's played out. It's where the cliché comes into practice; "money aint everything".

The hunger you refer to is greed, like I said before, not all are greedy. The fact that there's a demand for instant crappy beats is because it's so easy to choose from for the majors because they need to revenue first, I mean, there's tonnes of such producers and merely a few are cut out to last, those few are mostly those who do put effort into their work. But then again, it's all relative because it's not up to any of the producers but to the major labels that pay them. From my point I can see those behind the curtains to last the longest, those who still produce, mix and record at their 50's which I dont see happening with most of the hiphopproducers. My thoughts on this is that you aint in it for the music, the love and devotion but simply out for a cheap buck, these peeps aint to true to hiphop they just selling a culture. That's a matter of principles so what are we really talking about son. You wanna make a buck, who cares what your shiznit sounds like, but dont mistake other people who do care. Again, that about principles, ethics without those you're a sell out or a copycat.

IT IS UP TO TIMBALAND.
IF HE WANTED TO EVOLVE WITH THE TIMES HE COULDA DONE THAT.
HE DIDNT, SO HE'S NOT IN THE LOOP.
THE DOOR AINT CLOSED, HE JUST HAS HIS FOOT IN THE DOOR ENOUGH TO, LET THEM KNOW NOT TO CLOSE IT.
I DONT CARE WHO U ARE IF U MAKE IT IN THE HIP HOP INDUSTRY IT WONT BE BECAUSE U HATE MONEY. SO U NEED TO GET THIS NOTION OF STARVING ARTISTS OUT UR MIND CAUSE IT AINT GONNA GET U NOWHERE. GO AHEAD KEEP TELLING URSELF IT AINT ABOUT THE MONEY. HOW U GONNA FUND UR MUSIC MAKING? FOOD STAMPS? NAH THATS BULLSHIT.

KEY TO LIFE "MONEY, POWER, RESPECT"

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Spoken like a true republican.. Trust me Im smelling you...

Who said anything about starving artists, Im simply saying not every one is greedy but the way you put it, make it seem you're practically starving, therefor stuck in that perspective.

Timboland has a distict signature, that hasn't and wont change, it's his method and there's no request for it unless someone is willing to pay dearly for that because he also build his reportoir to feed from, not saying he's greedy but with his achievements prices go up. Major dont fuss with that, why if there legions of noobs, low quality producers to pick from and a blind consumer who dont care anyway. You can live to that criteria and be a sell out, copycat.

You talk about the key to life, "money, power & respect", Im talking music here so where did skillz fit in...

I aint to play games but...

You're like school on saturday... No class

Nuff said...

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MIKELABZ said:
KEY TO LIFE "MONEY, POWER, RESPECT"

yeah key to life.. not key to music... most cats that are tight in the game were at one point "starving artist".. most cats that were never that are wack ass fabrications

M

MIKELABZ

Formant024 said:
Timboland has a distict signature, that hasn't and wont change..
IT WONT CAHNGE CAUSE HE DIDNT CHANGE WHEN TIMES CHANGED AROUND HIM.
LOOK AT P. DIDDY, HE HAD A DISTINCT STYLE, HE ADAPTED, HE STILL SELLS. IT WAS HIS CHOICE. HE MADE HIMSELF THE NEXT BIG THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. TIMBALAND CALLED IT A QUITS AND STOPPED EVOLVING.

UR WACK IF U DONT WANT UR MUSIC TO PAY FOR ITSELF.

AND THATS...

NUFF SAID.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Puff daddy is the mack daddy of copycatting, every track is a cover made by another artist. He has no style, only rmx or work with real artists. P diddy is a executive producer who most likely dont compose from scratch, it always a team up with established musicians or bands. How do you compare to a producer like timbaland who pretty much writes original scores only.

UR WACK IF U DONT WANT UR MUSIC TO PAY FOR ITSELF.

and you suffer from wishfull thinking or godcomplex and we only have one god on Illmuzik, for all I care stay in denial but get a grip of yourself because you're not really making sense here, get with the context and stay there, you're losin' it . Matter of fact, you remind me some real no brains with attitude problems on SC. Choose your words, stay objective, make an opinion and back it up, if not then you're subjected to a debate, when you realise that not everybody shares you're opinion dont try to force it upon it unless you have something sensible adressed to the debate to prove otherwise and we can keep this a thread.

All this and you get respect...for free, after that comes power, then maybe money.

M

MIKELABZ

Formant024 said:
Puff daddy is the mack daddy of copycatting, every track is a cover made by another artist. He has no style, only rmx or work with real artists. P diddy is a executive producer who most likely dont compose from scratch, it always a team up with established musicians or bands. How do you compare to a producer like timbaland who pretty much writes original scores only.

and you suffer from wishfull thinking or godcomplex and we only have one god on Illmuzik, for all I care stay in denial but get a grip of yourself because you're not really making sense here, get with the context and stay there, you're losin' it . Matter of fact, you remind me some real no brains with attitude problems on SC. Choose your words, stay objective, make an opinion and back it up, if not then you're subjected to a debate, when you realise that not everybody shares you're opinion dont try to force it upon it unless you have something sensible adressed to the debate to prove otherwise and we can keep this a thread.

All this and you get respect...for free, after that comes power, then maybe money.

I LIKE HOW UR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS SET ON TRYING TO DISPROVE ME INSTEAD OF MAKING VALID POINTS OF UR OWN. SO FAR THE ONLY POINTS UR MAKING ARE JUST REVERSALS OF WHAT I ALREADY SAID. MIND YOU... U ARE THE ONE COMPLAINING OF ORIGINALITY AND I GUESS I SHOULD SAY IT NOW... PRACTICE WHAT U TEACH...

IM GONNA MAKE A WILD GUESS AND THROW THIS OUT THERE...

U THINK SOMEBODY IS JUST GONNA WALK UP TO U AND GIVE U A RECORD DEAL JUST CAUSE SOMEBODY ON SOUNDCLICK OR ILLMUZIK SAID U HAD ONE HOT TRACK. GROW UP DUDE. THIS WORLD AINT REVOLVING AROUND U, IT DONT HAPPEN THE WAY U THINKING IN UR MIND. HOW MANY TRACKS DO U HAVE COPYRIGHTED? HOW MANY CD'S HAVE U PASSED OUT IN THE MALL? HOW MANY CLUBS IN MIAMI ARE PLAYING UR CD? HOW MANY PEOPLE DO U HAVE ON UR WAITING LIST TRYING TO GET UR CD?

THINK ABOUT THAT...

AND THEN COME AT ME ABOUT WHATEVER THE HELL LITTLE SENSE UR TRYING TO PROVE.

IL Lusciato

ill o.g.
Alright im gonna be real just b/c maybe an outside person can shed some light on this arguement.

Timbaland - face it the guy has a unique signature sound, its not popular anymore...i havnt' heard the guy do much else at all besides his sound...as for puffy, he adapted? are u joking? hes been sampling he stays sampling what else is there to it...a stolen loop is a stolen loop period not to mention puffy kinda did fall off to some extent hes nowhere near where he was by a long shot...

Money - yes the world is driven by money, sadly enough. However what money are u making? i dont go slow and pump out only 5-10 but i sure as hell dont put out 60 a month...i'd say around 25 a month...n i got any and all styles, plus they are polished as much as i see fit...now let me tell u somthing...u said money makes the world go round? TRUE...so then wouldn't u agree that the starvin cats who want to make money are gonna come 20 times harder then the cats throwin shit into the mix to just add on to their huge bank account...for instance eminems encore wow talk about a rushed piece of shit for the most part...but he knew he'd make money...personally i'd rather have 15 SICK tracks in my catalog than 150 "decent" or "flowable" ones....so u might make a quik 20 bucks a track? MAYBE 50? if u find ppl willin to pay for just "decent' stuff but if u want the REAL MONEY u need to make somthing offf the hook and a few things at that to stay noticed....i took the liberty of listening to ur tracks on that site Mike...some were pretty hot...but others i could almost tell u just tried to put out too fast and it seemed rushed....NOW granted your rite music should pay for itself...forman was rite as well...it all starts with respect, and man thats been all over this board talking about how u should hand out cd's and shit just to get known first...thats a given....if ur not already a respected person whose done some great things in the game then u can forget making nething b/c no ones paying for a nobody wth average tracks. And most ppl weather they are still playing on their sisters Casio, or have done some decent sized projects in the industry, dont make a good sturdy living off rap beats, so u should stop kidding yourself and step back and re-think how your approaching this.

M

MIKELABZ

IL Lusciato said:
Alright im gonna be real just b/c maybe an outside person can shed some light on this arguement.

Timbaland - face it the guy has a unique signature sound, its not popular anymore...i havnt' heard the guy do much else at all besides his sound...as for puffy, he adapted? are u joking? hes been sampling he stays sampling what else is there to it...a stolen loop is a stolen loop period not to mention puffy kinda did fall off to some extent hes nowhere near where he was by a long shot...

Money - yes the world is driven by money, sadly enough. However what money are u making? i dont go slow and pump out only 5-10 but i sure as hell dont put out 60 a month...i'd say around 25 a month...n i got any and all styles, plus they are polished as much as i see fit...now let me tell u somthing...u said money makes the world go round? TRUE...so then wouldn't u agree that the starvin cats who want to make money are gonna come 20 times harder then the cats throwin shit into the mix to just add on to their huge bank account...for instance eminems encore wow talk about a rushed piece of shit for the most part...but he knew he'd make money...personally i'd rather have 15 SICK tracks in my catalog than 150 "decent" or "flowable" ones....so u might make a quik 20 bucks a track? MAYBE 50? if u find ppl willin to pay for just "decent' stuff but if u want the REAL MONEY u need to make somthing offf the hook and a few things at that to stay noticed....i took the liberty of listening to ur tracks on that site Mike...some were pretty hot...but others i could almost tell u just tried to put out too fast and it seemed rushed....NOW granted your rite music should pay for itself...forman was rite as well...it all starts with respect, and man thats been all over this board talking about how u should hand out cd's and shit just to get known first...thats a given....if ur not already a respected person whose done some great things in the game then u can forget making nething b/c no ones paying for a nobody wth average tracks. And most ppl weather they are still playing on their sisters Casio, or have done some decent sized projects in the industry, dont make a good sturdy living off rap beats, so u should stop kidding yourself and step back and re-think how your approaching this.

YO I FELT MOST OF THAT ARGUMENT, BUT....

PUFF DADDY DID ADAPT. HE CAME FROM BIGGIE UNDERSTUDY, TO MANAGER, TO PROMOTER, TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, TO CEO OF BAD BOY, TO MAKING THE BAND PART 1 AND 2. SO HE HAS ADAPTED IMO.

AS FOR MY TRACKS ON MY WEBSITE::
YO I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT THAT THE TRACKS THAT I HAVE ON MY WEBSITE ARE NOT MY BEST WORK, EVEN THE ONES U THINK WERE AIIGHT. I'VE HEARD THEM NUMEROUS TIMES AND MAYBE I'M TIRED OF HEARING THEM, BUT THE PRODUCTION AS WELL AS THE RHYMING DONT FIT. MOST OF THOSE TRACKS I USED OLD RHYMES ON.

OK I WANNA TAKE THIS TIME OUT FOR ANY PRODUCER WHO BRINGS IN A RAPPER WHO HAS PREWRIITEN RHYMES TO PUT ON UR TTRACK W/O HAVING LISTENED TO UR TRACK BEFORE. ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA. THE RHYME WOULD BE BETTER IF HE WROTE IT WITH THE BEAT ON REPEAT. GOING THROUGH ALL THE HASSLE OF FITTING AN OLD RHYME TO A NEW SONG IS TEDIOUS AND THE FINISHED PRODUCT MIGHT BE DISAPOINTING. TELL THE MC TO TAKE THE EBAT HOME AND WRITE A NEW SET OF RHYMES.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOPIC. I PLAN TO DELETE ALL OF THE TRACKS U SEE IN THE MUSIC SECTION AND REPLACE THEM WITH TRACKS FROM MY LAST ALBUM, "IS THIS THING ON?"....WHY?

TO SUPPLY THE DEMAND.
BUSINESS 101.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
You're a noob and a fool...

Good luck on the clowning policy, no pun, we need clowns like you.

and as far as Im concerned this topic can be closed, because this topic is about your arrogance and there's no part in this forum dedicated to a man's ego like yours, not even the showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.