Howdy

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
Battle Points: 1
How's it goin? I go by DawnEHboy. Still pretty new to producing, started about two years ago as a little side hobby to keep me busy while I was in the Army. Now I'm out and looking to make a career out of it and go to school for it, since it's free anyways.

I discovered this site last September and finally decided to sign up. I'm hoping I'll make it into the Beat This Competition April 25th.

Apologies if the post is too long. I haven't been on a forum since like 2008.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @DawnEHboy and what style(s) do you make?

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
My middle name is Donavan, I go by Donny. But It's hard to Use Donny as a SN. So back in like 2008 I needed a SN for FullTilt poker and I came up with DawnEH (Because DawnE was already taken). Then after awhile I just started adding "boy" at the end because It reminded me of song Danny boy. That's pretty much it, now I just need to find someone with a cool voice to scream "DawnEHboy!" as my producer tag.

I don't have a particular style exactly. I just start working on whatever feels right at the time, usually with nothing clear in mind. I've got a bunch of random crap on my soundcloud. I should probably start actually finishing a track prior to uploading it and just calling it a day. I can't mix or master at all. I just uploaded 30 unfinished tracks to my soundcloud and was looking for opinions from friends or anyone. I'm not sure which of the tracks, if any, I should continue to work on.

Bu I do make beats, or attempt to. Done some EDM, guitar a while back. I haven't laid vocals to anything because I live in an apartment with paper thin walls and it's kinda hard to scream when the neighbors will call the cops. I'm also waiting till I get that beautiful SM7B mic I've been wanting.

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
I feel it is "unique" in a way. But it should also be easy to remember and to look up. And I literally spell it like "DawnEHboy" one word with the caps and all. I feel that could definitely become an issue down the line.

I do appreciate any input and constructive criticism though, so thank you.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@ArvinArmani unique has been and is overrated at times, think of how many rappers in the 80s had "Ski" or "Rock" after their names no different than the "Lil's" and "Young's" of the 90s through today.

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
True story. I'll take my chances for now and stick with it. If I ever do anything besides producing I'll just have a different name.