How's the hip hop Scene Where you're at??

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
This is mostly targeted towrds those livin in or from europe, but not limited to that. Let me know how the hip hop scene is in your area. im talkin about live events, Radio play, and all that good stuff.

Where im at in Fayetteville NC the hip hop scene is growing fast. there are alot of undercround ppl doin what we do. but there are also alot of big acts that come around here alot. lil scrappy comes to town all the time. so do the ying yang twinz, G-units came thru this summa, Don Yute, Lil john, Roc a fella had some auditions out here. man the scene is pretty good i think.

Holla at me and let me know wuts poppininyour area.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Here, hiphop is starting to get the respect and light it deserves, but not enough to my liking. Our only music channel (Musique Plus) only has one hiphop show. The local artists mostly speak French, so most of the good one (only a few known group, but a whole lot underground or just plain unknown) go to France, which is where they can really make money. Corneille, Muzion, Les Architekts... only a dozen of good known groups only.

Well I really think it's a shame that we are so close to the source and, yet, we are so far away.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
OUr scene died a long time ago, we only have people left like Rigor unless you like the stuff you mentioned. I've only seen them on mtv cribbs and thought they we're really stupid ( especially them yingyang twins, friggin goon squad ) so I cant really help you on that.

What's live ? We got NonPhixion coming 2oct and Jzone, vakill and louis logic on the 3rd.

So, cant compare really. Europe ?!? I think it's funny, hiphopcats like 50ct and G-Unit get bottled off stage or loved in little audiences. Hell, I havent been listening to your stuff so if you can point out what you're after than I can give you some directions instead of the wrong ones lol!

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
The Hip Hop scene is pretty dead around my neck of the woods. Kansas City's underground scene is haunted by terrible rhymers and weak ass beats. Not too long ago, Cassidy went to this club downtown and battled any cat willin to bet $100 a round, but other than that, ain't nothin going on.

I'm just tryin to do my thing and create a buzz around town and mabye get up out this hell hole!

-Roy

K.C

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the scene down here is, well there is no scene, we get about 4-5 underground acts each year, and even then you have to stand the torture of aussie rapper's as opening act's.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here in Finland the scene is slowly becomming what it should be... Few years ago here was a huge hype about hiphop and then anyone could get a record deal, although them didn't have no skills...

Well nowadays its ok. Rappers are quite good around here some new ones pop up every now 'n' then. BUT especially the BEATS here are starting to be incredible... Lots of finnish producer are REALLY producing better beats that americans do... =)

Keep an eye on a rapper called Redrama... he spits quite good in english, and was the warm up artist when Gangstarr was tourin around europe. He's got some connetcions in u.s... Umm he recorded few songs there if I remember right... And when Obie Trice had a gig here it was rumoured that Obie hunted Redramas phonenumbers 'n' shit like that... So maybe you'll hear from him... =)

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
It's horrible here in NJ. There is no scene here. Its a bunch of kids runnin around in White T-Shirts down to there knees claimin they a Blood or a Crip. They think this is Hip Hop. The cats that call themselves Emcees are unacceptable, and there's a handful who know what the culture is about. In my area of course. There used to be Hip Hop clubs here, but due to violent outbreaks, they closed. There are some MC Battles if ya find them , but the conditions are elbow to elbow and those long T-Shirts must not come with Deoderant. I wanna go to London. It seems dope out there.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
HIP HOP SCENE IN THE 757 IS not at an all time high but it's a GOOD LOOK,

shoutouts to DMP (nottz crew), Beat CLub, NEPPIES, MISSY, MIKE LORD (this dude is sick), WU-SYNDICATE ( Joe Mafia, Napoleon, Myalansky(Be home soon), Jhunipaz (illest crew ever), 37thparallel, BIG B and DJ LAW, DJ Strez, Jay onE, 58 WEST, Wildlife ENT., Crew Thick, Bink, and the Lumba Jax, CLIPSE, FAM-LAY, NIcole Wray, and whoever I forgot too many to name!! Keep doing you

I must say it's poppin out here but the artists still have to go elsewhere for that stamp of approval, and IT IS MOSTLY EAST COAST(NY) type hip hop cats are doing here!!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Royal said:
The Hip Hop scene is pretty dead around my neck of the woods. Kansas City's underground scene is haunted by terrible rhymers and weak ass beats. Not too long ago, Cassidy went to this club downtown and battled any cat willin to bet $100 a round, but other than that, ain't nothin going on.

I'm just tryin to do my thing and create a buzz around town and mabye get up out this hell hole!

-Roy

Ey I like MacLethal form Canada plus he is one hell of a cool guy, we even got him to the Netherlands with Immortal, and we will get him back once more..
Also Approach is cool to from Kansas signed to Coup d'etat nowadays also a real nice guy too interviewed him a while back.