Humanizing Velocity On Snares/Not Quantization...

C

Chubb-E

Humanizing Velocity On Snares/Not Quantization... anyone got anytips?.....

O

open mind

change velocity on every hit to get human drums.a real drummer cant hit everytime with the same strength try to emulate that with changing the velocitys on every snarehit.
shifting the hits will also help.

C

Chubb-E

Shifting

Shifting as in in stead of ------- do this -- - - --- -?

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Shifting as in in stead of ------- do this -- - - --- -?

Huh? lol

Anyway I tend to offset my kicks and snares, but not all hits, with my snare i like them to hit slightly late.

You can get really wild with the timing of your hi-hats. It adds a lot of flavor to your beats.

I have to confess I am lazy I use an MPC grove template with my drums in FL so its all done for me.

~NW~

C

Chubb-E

lol...... im talking about the hits on the hi-hats when im talking about this -------- is a hi hat and adding groove to it make it like this --- - - -- --- -- is what im talking about... with a lil flam?.... also im talking about velocity... when talking about snares.... not groove templates....

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I know were not talking about grove templates, I'm just saying thats how I get it done.

open mind cover the velocity part.

You basically have it right, just don't have all the hits perfectly on time and the same velocity, but dont go over the top it would get disorientating :)

~NW~

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
@chubs: just play it by hand if you must..

@chubs again: and how did u suddenly switch to hi hats.. the topic is on Snares?

Jacpot

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
If your on the mpc u can set the snare to 16 levels or note off to get variations in the snares velocity. When you hit the snare softly sometimes I layer that with a louder Highat sound to make it sound realer. I also try to use a couple different but similar snare sounds in the same drum loop I create like maybe Ill chop three different snares off the same break record.

C

Chubb-E

If your on the mpc u can set the snare to 16 levels or note off to get variations in the snares velocity. When you hit the snare softly sometimes I layer that with a louder Highat sound to make it sound realer. I also try to use a couple different but similar snare sounds in the same drum loop I create like maybe Ill chop three different snares off the same break record.

You Talkin About Layering Multiple Snares?..... Or Using Diff Snares Each Hit...? When you say ( I also try to use a couple different but similar snare sounds in the same drum loop I create like maybe Ill chop three different snares off the same break record)... Thanks... You New and you already helping people.... lol good stuff thanks.... Its what makes illmuzik muizk muzik muzik <----- Echo ~ Fades Out

O

open mind

sorry if i dont understand but what the hell has "layering snares" to do with "Humanizing"?
thanks in advance.

Jacpot

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I wasnt talking about layering snares. Im talking about using three different snare sounds off the same break and alternating those velocities. That makes it sound more realistic. reread my post

You Talkin About Layering Multiple Snares?..... Or Using Diff Snares Each Hit...? When you say ( I also try to use a couple different but similar snare sounds in the same drum loop I create like maybe Ill chop three different snares off the same break record)... Thanks... You New and you already helping people.... lol good stuff thanks.... Its what makes illmuzik muizk muzik muzik <----- Echo ~ Fades Out

Im new to the boards but Im not new to making music

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
uh just play it by hand? I don't understand people that use step sequencers for all their stuff where is the fun/skill in that?

members online