Hurricane Sandy

• beat this! voting starts in...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its crazy out here in NY/NJ right now... no trains or buses... the wind is RIDICULOUSLY strong! my job gave me 2 days off with pay.. nice to have Gov't disaster funding for times like this.. be safe everyone!

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I was in NYC until Sunday night...I was literally the last plane to leave NYC before the aiports closed....we were almost canceled, but somehow got out.....The flight back home was bumpy as hell.... Hope all is well people..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Unfortunately, this was a huge lesson learned by those in NJ and in NY... They've been hit with two hurricanes in the last two years....just as much as Florida has. They need a better levee system. most of these attractions NJ has is on the shore and that has to change..... Seaside and AC were reduced to rubble....I've had some glorious times in Seaside...(way before the Jersey Shore show). I'm really saddened about the loss of life and the destruction of some really nice areas in both states. Breezy point has been decimated....I've already donated to the red cross twice....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just saw a news story that people are lined up in NY for iPads?!? Is that correct?

Regardless, it's insane what's happened. People are seriously losing their minds over all the shit going down. Fights, weapons, looting. WTF.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
It's a damn iPad....that's more important than everything else.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I was far... FAR underprepared for this. Today is one week without power. No hot water. No heat. Temps are falling into the 30s. A hot shower is a luxury. Gas lines are better, but they were insane. I waited 2 hours, then 1 hour 45, then 45 on 3 diff days. This morning filled up with no line. We have a noreaster coming this week. Basically a huge storm that hovers over the area once it hits land. Sump pump has a battery backup but I don't know how much juice is left. Nobody has generators. NOBODY. And when Home Depot has a shipment coming, people line up and wait literally all day for a chance at one. A lot of people pull together to help, but there are scumbags that are using this as an opportunity to fuck people. There is looting. Noone's house alarms work and they know this. The right to bear arms is crucial now especially. The worst hit was Union Beach, about 30 min south of me. They got hit really bad. Near Katrina type bad, but not quite. Alot of people lost their homes and are still up to their ears in water.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Yea man I can't even complain. A lot of people were devestated by this. All I got was a bent gutter. But it's weird seeing FEMA out here and stuff man, we're not used to this. At night there are no lights at all. Driving down the highway and not being able to visually recognize where you are when it's a familiar area is really eerie.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yo thats Crrraaazy!
I went through Hugo back in '89 and went 2 weeks without power , was still inconciously flipping light switches that wouldnt come on the whole time.
If I never have to go through another one it would be jsut fine with me!
Clev glad to know you are still ok! Hang in there! Take lots of pics !

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
My cousin and a good friend of mine lost everything....both lived in Zone A...one in brooklyn....one in staten island...both lost everything....and I mean everything..... trying to scrounge up some money to send to them, but things are tough out here as well financially....I wish I was close by so I can go out there and volunteer.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Finally got my power back last night. Yea sucio, SI and BK got hit crazy hard. I live right across SI, but in the bay so we got a little lucky.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
My cousin and a good friend of mine lost everything....both lived in Zone A...one in brooklyn....one in staten island...both lost everything....and I mean everything..... trying to scrounge up some money to send to them, but things are tough out here as well financially....I wish I was close by so I can go out there and volunteer.
Damn.. Thats terrible, and its snowing like a mofo there now!