I defragged my pc last night, now it doesnt work. any suggestions?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the stupid thing wont even turn on now. anyone know how this happened? because i defragged and this morning the screen wouldnt come on- went to the orange light.

i tried resetting and that didnt work, same thing. so i turned it off, reset the bios switch, and....

nothing. wont tutrn on, nothing.

help, would be GREATLY appreciated.

C

Copenhagen

Does it not even start up with the Bios screen. After defragmenting, did it work then? If so, what did you do on the pc between defragmenting and up until the time it stopped working?
What OS are you running?

K

kwantize

restart your pc and press f5 and pick a restore point that works that should work ... good luck

i think its your hard drive put a diffent one in and see wahts happends

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i defragged it while i slept.

and then, i woke up, and the screen wouldnt come on. i reset, and it still wouldnt come on. i then reset the bios, and that was that. thats all i did.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
well, the power wont even come on as of this morning. if the power doesnt even come on, everything else is immaterial! i would hate to have to reinstall eveyrthing though... thats a lot of stuff to reinstall.... i'll find out tonight,

C

Copenhagen

Is it not even making any noise when you press the power switch? If that's the case, then it shouldn't be your harddisk.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I probably know what happened

Hey,

1. sorry about what happened...

2. i had the same shit goin' on - i left my pc for the night and when i woke up, BOOM! the pc is dead... :fire:

3. the problem was in my pc's power pack (a small part within the board has completely burnt out)... and i think that this is your problem as well.

4. if it is the power supply, more parts could have been dameged (so you gotta check that as well). usually it also damages the hard-disk and in severe cases - the CPU (NOT GOOD!) :alcoholic

5. get a new power pack and replace your old one. it should work just fine...

6. also - before you try all that - disconnect your pc from all the power sources, and then plug everythin' again. try to turn it on now...

Good Luck,
Wings

light

Producer
ill o.g.
yup if the power does not even turn on then its most likely your power supply. check if your power supply has a breaker in it. probably not. bring it to a small computer shop in your town. should cost bout 20 bucks to get a diognostic done.