I did the unthinkable...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Delta_Nine only thing I've ever been a purist about regarding Hip Hop (second to hating "pop rap" albeit back in the day Hammer was dope) is fools misguidedly thinking "street nigga" is synonymous with "legit" rapper (talent wise and image wise), I feel likewise nowadays with how "ex sex worker" *cough* Cardi is synonymous with "female rapper."

The @Delta_Nine only thing I've ever been a purist about regarding Hip Hop (second to hating "pop rap" albeit back in the day Hammer was dope) is fools misguidedly thinking "street nigga" is synonymous with "legit" rapper (talent wise and image wise), I feel likewise nowadays with how "ex sex worker" *cough* Cardi is synonymous with "female rapper."
You really do seem to hate on hip hop, you very rarely have much nice to say about it, without taking shots at it too. Hip hop is what it has become, the only way to change that is by actually doing something instead of talking about it forever if you aren't happy with what you hear, maie stuff you do want to hear. There comes a tine to stop being bitter and contribute with your own hip hop rather than taking shots at how everybody else approaches it.

I get it, hip hop aint the same, probably never will be, unless enough people that actually care enough to try and make that happen, it won't. Endlessly moaning about it and doing nothing to change things is a pointless waste of time.

We all need to vent from time to time, but sometimes I wonder what draws you to hip hop given your deep seated resentment for the people that are making it.

Loosen up a bit, spend less time worrying about what hip hop is or what anybody else is making or their motives behind it and worry about doing something to make it what you want it to be. Its the only way.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @2GooD Productions was personally drawn to the folk aspect of self-expression in Hip Hop e.g. one didn't need to have a conservatory (e.g. Berklee, Julliard, etc.) background to make the music. There are some current acts I dig when I make time to listen. I don't resent everyone who has ever entered and does enter the genre, but you know some BS when you hear/see it, but I'm done ranting.

The "I bring the smoke" resentment I have towards Hip Hop wasn't always that way with me. There's an awesome podcast from "Arkatech Beatz" about the "social engineering" aspect of music that Hip Hop falls into if you think about it (or have thought about it), no conspiracy shit as I don't do conspiracy.

I can say that one IRL acquaintance I have from college listened to what I've been in the process of making and looks forward to hearing more which is a small win for me.

Last edited:
I @2GooD Productions was personally drawn to the folk aspect of self-expression in Hip Hop e.g. one didn't need to have a conservatory (e.g. Berklee, Julliard, etc.) background to make the music. There are some current acts I dig when I make time to listen. I don't resent everyone who has ever entered and does enter the genre, but you know some BS when you hear/see it, but I'm done ranting.

The "I bring the smoke" resentment I have towards Hip Hop wasn't always that way with me. There's an awesome podcast from "Arkatech Beatz" about the "social engineering" aspect of music that Hip Hop falls into if you think about it (or have thought about it), no conspiracy shit as I don't do conspiracy.

I can say that one IRL acquaintance I have from college listened to what I've been in the process of making and looks forward to hearing more which is a small win for me.
People can only be socially engineered if they allow themselves to be. People in power always use popular culture to push their agendas, it will always be this way.
This is why I say just worry about what you are doing, and dont let others distract you from your own goals.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
People can only be socially engineered if they allow themselves to be. People in power always use popular culture to push their agendas, it will always be this way.
This is why I say just worry about what you are doing, and dont let others distract you from your own goals.
Indeed. Master the art of not giving a fuck what others think.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
This sounds like wu-tang era hip hop... and this is chopped up thriller? very creative way of chopping it up if so
So I cheated a bit and title is a little misleading because it gets clicks, but the main sample is actually from a Frank Sinatra AI cover of Thriller, based on the Postmodern Jukebox jazz cover of thriller. But the OG thriller was sampled for the bridge.

And thanks for the listen. Sounds like wu-tang sounds like good feedback to me haha

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 22
So I cheated a bit and title is a little misleading because it gets clicks, but the main sample is actually from a Frank Sinatra AI cover of Thriller, based on the Postmodern Jukebox jazz cover of thriller. But the OG thriller was sampled for the bridge.

And thanks for the listen. Sounds like wu-tang sounds like good feedback to me haha
Man I was about to say I do not recognize Thriller at all in there... You broke it. But makes sense with that explanation.

I like the result, lots of swings but it all keeps pace. Lol just heard the ''Thriller'' at the end.

members online