I don't know about yall, but I'm a Donell Jones fan....

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Yeah Donell Jones is that dude. Back in the day his joint "Where I wanna Be" Help me make my decision to break it off with my daughters mom. Whoo,, Thanks Donell Jones!

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i don't like r&b to tuff but donell is cool, so is that dude from N.C. don't know his name, i also like the dude who was on the apollo and he came out with the guitar and he had on timbs and coat with fur on the hood. mufuckas was laughing at his ass till he started strummin the guitar and singin. he was the apollo champ 4 like 2 months and ended up gettin a deal.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lowlow said:
i don't like r&b to tuff but donell is cool, so is that dude from N.C. don't know his name, i also like the dude who was on the apollo and he came out with the guitar and he had on timbs and coat with fur on the hood. mufuckas was laughing at his ass till he started strummin the guitar and singin. he was the apollo champ 4 like 2 months and ended up gettin a deal.

are u talking about Lyfe Jennings?

Donnell definitely keep a good R&B flava

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I just heard that song on the Site.. featured Jermain Dupri.. i just assumed it was produced by dupri as well....?

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
classic said:
dude is from chi and he has been killen em softly for awhile,
he has helpled me bang plenty of chicks with his smooth sound. Just put in his CD and press play

thanks donell !!!

lol yea he did... yup!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
StressWon said:
he's cool. I miss RnB tho. That good shit. Today's RnB isnt as good and is headin kind of like HipHop. Give me some smooth Barry White or some Ralph T. Donnel jones is tight tho.
What yall know about Donnel Jones LOL naw anyhow the RnB I remember was put together solidly....with a whole lot of effort in the writing and lyrics...grown up music...this stuff today is so fluffy...its pathetic, RnB cuts with fruity loops not to knock it because i use it all the time, but it sort of take some of the Class away from RnB...especially if you cant get a band up on the stage with the singer and perform the song live...get you a loop going, a nice guitar sample and thats it...LOL and then put some lyrics over it where half the song is a rapper and you tryna figure out ...now is this the rappers song or the hook singer, oh damn thats not the hook singer its the singer.....yeah I miss that good ol instrumental constructed RnB that real musicians or someone that knew how to sit down to some keys and write the song first...say starting out on the piano and then put the whole composition down and the singer put a lot of time into the lyrics or either their writer did...its just not the same....but I have heard a lot of pop that really has a lot of the effort put into it that could remind you at least instrumentally of the old RnB style..someone mentioned Mary J Blige...that whole sound came around thanks to none other than my homie Chuckie Thompson and the Hitmen and for the haters..thanks to Puffy....or damn pdiddy...anyhow not to get off topic I got lot of memories from the Donnel Jones era...part 1 I dunno about the new stuff i'll have to check it out....

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
he's cool. I miss RnB tho. That good shit. Today's RnB isnt as good and is headin kind of like HipHop. Give me some smooth Barry White or some Ralph T. Donnel jones is tight tho.

dam stress done hit em with the ralph t.

"listen baby let me erase those tears from that insensitivity,
there's better things for you,
someone who cares someone who'll need, you someone with senstiivity"

S

Svenghali

Donell is the truth. I love that cat's vibe. After a good 6 or 7 years, "where I want to be" still hits hard to me.

Ay, if ya'll diggin' on that brand of soul, I got somethin' fa ya. Dwele. Ya'll might remember "Tainted" by Slum Village, he's the cat that produced it and he's got an album out called Subject. Personally I think it's a real good effort by this 20 year old that wrote, produced and performed the majority of the album. I love his choice of chords and harmonies. Overall I give it 7 out of 10 snares.