I Dont Understand....

Sinister

ill o.g.
Anubis-Ra said:
I guess the problem I have is that I try to put too many ideas into one song, instead of just leveling things out. One thing would sound better in another track or whatever. Just tailor some beats around the emcee's style, or they could work on their lyrical ability.

got another tip, this shit has moved my music stuff up to the next level, and my non-producing, art-obsessed friend actually gave me the idea. work on multiple beats at once. I'll get a few of the main elements done and then move on to another beat. That way, when you go back to finish the beat, you have a clear idea in your head of one distinct sound you want the beat to reflect.
i don't know about you guys, but when I spend too much time on a beat, it's like I get "stuck" in it. I knew from the beginning that I had picked an ill sample, yet after hours of work on it, it just doesn't sound good anymore. Once I take a break, smoke some weed, or listen to some rap, and then get back on it, I have a clear head. Shit always comes out better that way.