i got a good oppurtunity for you Keyboard producers

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Ok an MC friend im workin with has been contacted by the EA Sports Music supervisor about submitting music for upcoming EA Games.... Live 2006, etc...

SO

i was gonna stay greedy and keep this to myself, but since he's asking other cats as well, i figured i'd let the Illmuzik fam in on it.

we're talkin 97-105 tempo, NO samples (no obvious drum hits either, unless you freak em right)

here is his work so you know what he's about, and can contact him through there.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...file&friendID=10137827&Mytoken=20050811115524

so get to work. the tracks need to be done this weekend at the latest.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
ha ha ha... having my beat on a video game? get out of here!!!!

I wount even care to do it for free (money wouldnt hurt too, but you know...), as long as I get credit for it...

lol

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
nah its for sin..... its basically producing tracks for him to spit on... hes the one they approached, so he needs beats for the project. he hit me up but he put an open invitation to okayplayer too, so i figured screw it i'll let illmuzik in on it too. sorry if i didnt clarify...

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
yo cold check my soundclick page i got a no samples beat its pretty hot its in the middle of the page called EXIBITION 4 SALE let me know if i should send him it i trust your judgement dog

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey, i said i'd let ya'll in.... i never said i'd help!

lol

honestly though... he and i have slightly different tastes... so i dont know what he would think... in my view these dont fit his style, but also me giving yuo advice is a conflict cause of course i think i've made some truly hot ish for it already, so... your best bet is to just create something fresh and hit him up.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Most of his beats on his page are sample heavy though. is he looking for keyboard beats coz EA wont pay for clearance? just wondering.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
im pretty sure thats the case... his beats are sample heavy, but you can still make keyboard beats in a similar vien sound wise.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
How does he sound over keyboard beats? coz he sounds tight over sampled beats. i dunno. to me theres a difference. his voice just rides with the samples. some artists are like that. like when talib had keyboard beats on the beautiful struggle. some sounded good but didnt fit his voice. just my opinion.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
it is in the technique OF the producer.

learn quickly, you do, yes... the breaks are strong with this one, yes...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Yo, if you got ligit sample cd-roms you can fix this in FL no pb, even the keyboard style beatz( although I havent hurd much of your tracks ot be honest hehe)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
Yo, if you got ligit sample cd-roms you can fix this in FL no pb, even the keyboard style beatz( although I havent hurd much of your tracks ot be honest hehe)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

im confused

come again?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Im saying, why is it just keyboard producers, not to be bitchin or anything but is it a "keyboard producer style" that you're after or just producers with keyboards, cuz I got plenty but I likes them FL too hehe. What I meant about the sample discs is due the copyrighted samples issue which is understandable, but with bought sample cd's you can do pretty much the same thing, not to forget the use of vst's.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
I think what cold means is that they looking for "sample free" beats. as in not having to pay for clearance samples. right cold???

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
Im saying, why is it just keyboard producers, not to be bitchin or anything but is it a "keyboard producer style" that you're after or just producers with keyboards, cuz I got plenty but I likes them FL too hehe. What I meant about the sample discs is due the copyrighted samples issue which is understandable, but with bought sample cd's you can do pretty much the same thing, not to forget the use of vst's.

ok let me rephrase: sample free

i hope that clarifys things, i apologize

its not necessarily "keyboard" just "sample free"

i got the rough draft of my first one on my myspace page if anyone wants to hear."Keep it Live"

members online