I got a situation here (I need helpful advice urgently)

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm on sort of a predicament and I need some advice from some fellow producers.
here's the situation:

I just hooked up with this singer today. She wants me to produce for her. She wanted me to bring all of my hardware over to her house so i can drop the beats and record her in her home studio. but there's one small problem. I use software! I want to work live with her, you know 1 on 1 sessions, but I'm working on a desktop computer at my grandma's house and i have no idea how i can do that. i have a cd burner, but it doesn't work w/ the comp i'm using because it's windows 98 and the burner is only compatible w/ windows 98se and up. my only chance that i have is to get all my stuff (software, etc.) onto a laptop, which i have no access to at the moment. I could work to get the money to purchase a windows 98se upgrade disk, but i have a real busy schedule, since i have to study for all these tests/exams at school (btw, I'm not even in high school yet!).

I hope that is enough info for you guys to help me come up with a solution to this problem. It will be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: my email address is BeatJunkeez22@aol.com if that means anything.

E

Equality 7-2521

first things first.....TELL the chick that you dont use hardware. you gotta commmunicate your problem.

then i think the best way is to get your shit on disk somehow. maybe zip disk would work. or one of those chips which come with digital cameras. or send her your beats over the internet.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Hmmmmm???....Yeah, Mess is on tha right track.
I would also propose that if you have proper mic'ing capabilities at yer crib w/ yer computer at granmas house then have her bite tha bullet, introduce her to yer granny, feed her some chocolate chip cookies, and be on yer way to tha bedroom to lay a track....I dunno how u wanna play it?..., but i never work anywhere else besides my crib to arrange and produce my shit...Especially if someone jus did a vocal for a track...even moreso, its better in my opinion to have them come back later to hear tha final mixdown instead of letting them in the room to be there while you work your magic....

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
If she has a "home studio" then would it be possible for her to invest in you? and your production skillz.....I would hit her with a bill and tally up the cost for the laptop or whudevva else will help me the producer do my job and since my "home setup isn't mobile at this time her only and obvious choice would be to come to your "home studio" work out a deal on some tracks man, how much are you charging for your services or do you work for free.....if it were me in this situation I would see this as a way to cater to her and at the same time work out a situation where she invests in what I will be doing if this might go beyond a few songs into a project....other than that....the other advice that Deuce gave is probably logical for you to go with.

C

Copenhagen

I second Deuce and BigD. Also, a 98SE upgrade disc, or just a 98SE disc can probably be bought used, really cheap.

A

ACEBEATZ

Bring your desktop to her house and plug it with her screen,mouse and keyboard. A hockey bag will do the job to carry your desktop. If she dont have a pc bring all you got with one of your friend's car, it's that simple. If you dont wanna carry it every time leave your kit there the time you'll work with her.

Holla Ace

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
Tell her your situation maybe she will have an idea.
peace

light

Producer
ill o.g.
try looking round the used computer shops in your area. make friends with the people there, or dont, it dosent matter. Ask them if they have a win 98 se disk. i just got the dude at my shop to burn me one. he was like "dont tell anyone" but you could tell he doesnt give a shit. thats old software and they wont be able to sell it so they will be open to whatever.

On the other side of things you could look into one of those file sharing websites out there. which im not aware of the names of any but someone one here probably could recommend one. or just the good old MSN Messenger. its free and you can transfer files of any size. get her on messenger and send em over. or if she doenst have a internet connection then send it to anyone you know who has a cdburner.

This is a problem you will have to get round so you might as well get that cd burner going. id try to go to the windows update website and update your opperating system. then reload your drivers for your burner. see if that works.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
i dont know it sounds like a setup to me....bring ALL of ur equipment to my house....if someone told me that i would think they tryin to get me for my equipment im paranoid though

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Tell her that you use software and then upload your beats onto soundclick and make them available for mp3 download. Its not going to be the best quality, but mp3 is nearly as good as wav.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I dissagree. mp3 is by no means near the quality of wav. but yes that would help with the problem.