I had a crazy playing live experience this weekend.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
My drummer friend called me and said this venue needed a bass player and he asked if I wanted the gig but I had to go right now. So I was like why not, he was also super high at the time and so I grabbed bass, stopped at his place to pick him up on the way since he was in no condition to drive and he explained on the way that it was some art thing and all he knew was that the whole thing falls apart with out a bass player and that the other players are top notch. Well ok weird.

so we roll in and go in to this like underground bar and there are all these art students. There is a guy behind a drum kit and a keyboard player, my drummer friend walks up and says while pointing to me “here is the bass player you needed” and they are like sweet, and ask him what he plays. Of course he says he is a drummer and they are like awesome. The dude drumming was like “Get behind the kit because I want to play guitar” so we get up there and they are like ok play. Just riff. Uhh ok

I proceed to do a two hour fully improved jam while these other AMAZING musicians just jam around whatever I play. But get this, the art students had like canvases kinda mounted on speakers that were facing up and they would drop paint on them and my bass vibrations would move the paint around. They were literally using our music to make physical art. It was a trip. I can’t imagine how crazy it was for my drummer buddy to see all this while fadded AF. Life’s quite the adventure sometimes. Here are a few photos.

C1AF0EE7-FF2F-4CA9-9992-BE5D4CDC8561.jpeg

Attachments

• C334C7D1-CBF6-4D5E-9E55-494E779A5F80.jpeg
    C334C7D1-CBF6-4D5E-9E55-494E779A5F80.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 68

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nice! I think there was something like that a while back, not sure what it was, but that's really cool though. That would be interesting to do with some beats, or even better, scratching from Qbert!