I have been blessed with vinyl, now what?

E

Equality 7-2521

classic said:
this is good stuff keep it coming helix

now equlitity that sounds like a good idea, so ur saying u basically go threw and grap "bits" and 'pieces" and assample them in a beat later??? So u will use a horn from this song and a stab from that song??? Just wondering

Im sad to say man but i never realised how beautful the sound is off vinyal?? i havent listened to records since i was a kid, dont get me wrong i know my music like that back of my hand but all my oldies are on CD or tape.

now i know what yall sample heads are talkin about when ur describing that "vinyal" sound

yeah man take samples from everywhere and use sounds from different records in your beats. bit lame if all the samples you use for a beat are taken from the same track. chances are itt will sound like the original. to me, thats a bit wack.

and yeah the sound on vynil is actually encoded at a better quality than cd plus it has that lovely crackle. mmmm.

ps when sampling, look for solo sounds. this saves filtering.

max90

ill o.g.
classic, since you have so many records, you should take notes one each one and put them in the sleeve for future referance. example, track 2 good break, track 6 horn stab etc.. this will keep you sane in the long run.
also, you can start accumulating and saving sounds to one disk, like all snares, or kicks, hi hat, any percussion, or anything really. im sure you have a goldmine with all those old records.
ive never used a computer program, but i find chopping inn the mpc a breeze. chopping is better than staright looping (to me) because you can put things in different patterns and make something new.