I just got something in the studio I have wanted for 15 years. I’m blown away by it. Check it out.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks! We have YEARS of work ahead, but it’s coming together nicely and I haven’t done a whole record as a live band in years. All real instruments, real amps, no soft synths, no sampling etc. The front man/guitar player also insists on doing his parts correctly in one pass or we delete it do it again. No punch in’s no edits. So it’s pretty legit stuff. It’s lots of fun and sounding REALLY good. I will post some once it’s closer to finished.
That's really cool, trying to get it all in one take. That's unheard of today, but a nice challenge nonetheless.

When you play everything live you dont have the option of just stopping and restarting, it is what it is and you have to just hope nobody noticed. I try to explain this to artists I work with that are incapable of doing something in 10 takes let alone 1.
Some artists can barely spit a sentence before fucking up and wanting to start again.
There is getting it right, and then there is those people. Very challenging sessions as a recording engineer.
Or the ones you tell them it was offkey and they NEED to rerecord, but that hurts their feelings and they get all defensive lmao. Oh man, people.

Best artist I ever worked with was Davvo, came to the studio, recorded everything in one take.About 3 or 4 tracks, cant remember now, met him through soundcloud, he came to the studio in the old days and just recorded everything in one take. Best session ever.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Absolutely man, and there is no such thing as a perfect show, there is always gonna be a missed note or something. But I kinda like that, I like that you go out there and just do the best you can. Sometimes mistakes can be fun.

One of my favorite memories I have of playing live is when things went horribly wrong. It was a sold out show and we were playing a cover of “Free Falling” by Tom Petty and the front man broke a string on his acoustic and didn’t have a spare acoustic handy so he just relied on the lead guitarist to play it out. Well the lead guitarist was using a line 6 helix and it died or rebooted or something. So it was just me on the bass and the drummer. So I simplified my part to be as basic as possible and we got the audience to do the song with us acapella. It was an beautiful moment and I’m pretty sure some people in the audience thought it was all staged.

Playing live is such a rush and I just love it. But god going in the studio and making something is amazing too. Working with great musicians in the studio is even better!

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Absolutely man, and there is no such thing as a perfect show, there is always gonna be a missed note or something. But I kinda like that, I like that you go out there and just do the best you can. Sometimes mistakes can be fun.

One of my favorite memories I have of playing live is when things went horribly wrong. It was a sold out show and we were playing a cover of “Free Falling” by Tom Petty and the front man broke a string on his acoustic and didn’t have a spare acoustic handy so he just relied on the lead guitarist to play it out. Well the lead guitarist was using a line 6 helix and it died or rebooted or something. So it was just me on the bass and the drummer. So I simplified my part to be as basic as possible and we got the audience to do the song with us acapella. It was an beautiful moment and I’m pretty sure some people in the audience thought it was all staged.

Playing live is such a rush and I just love it. But god going in the studio and making something is amazing too. Working with great musicians in the studio is even better!
BTW the last DP album is dope

members online