I just noticed....

A

Authority

The Heatmakerz have the same type of equipment as us but when they make their sampled songs they sound way better than i heard anybody on the streets make.....Does anybody no why? It seems like the samples they use are just acapellas but there NOT......

A

Authority

All that percussion, drums and hi hats aranged the way they do make a sample unrecognizable....

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
typically the heatmakerz use 3/4 drums which accounts for their unusual sound. they use heavy pitch shifts instead of time stretch and shit homie, they also professional producers...

what you said could apply to damn near every producer. a lot have labs full of stuff but on the avg beat they stick to an mpc and a few other peices...it ain't what u got, its how u use it.

by the way, their samples really aren't "different". I realized after I responded to this that I had remade the beat arsonist makes on the Smack DVD that pretty much everyone has seen. It's a straight loop of a portion of The Intruders' "Friends no more". Just shift the pitch up enough and its exactly the same as the beat they made, minus drums.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ima say this.... if you think the heatmakers are doing anything crazy different than you are.......think again or hit the crates harder! Im not near the records right now but if you look a record by the ojays...Its the back stabbers album youll find where they got the sample for the juelz song "Who am i" All they pretty much did was change the pitch on the record from 33 to 45 and sample.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah keyz makes another good point, the heatmakerz are almost rediculous with how obvious their samples are. im a big fan of theirs but as a digger, I gotta admit, they don't dig hard. the majority of their songs are very popular O'Jays, Isley brothers (receipt is from one of the isley brothers' most famous songs), Temptations, etc. Their samples are very easy to find.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yup. the only thing that makes them different from us? they got the contacts to get their shit out before us.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ thats the truth. But they are pretty strong on their drums, make those real hype tracks just bump with some crazy drum programming.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
They got professional mastering, they got good connections, hell ½ of the heatmakerz staff are just trying to sell their beats, not actually make them.

sound like they only got the acapellas? wtf, are u on crack? it's not like it's just a high-pitched voice over drums!

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:
They got professional mastering, they got good connections, hell ½ of the heatmakerz staff are just trying to sell their beats, not actually make them.

sound like they only got the acapellas? wtf, are u on crack? it's not like it's just a high-pitched voice over drums!

Ha ha.. was just thinkin that. no offence to the dude but that don't even make sense.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Hi-Lo said:
typically the heatmakerz use 3/4 drums which accounts for their unusual sound. they use heavy pitch shifts instead of time stretch and shit homie, they also professional producers...
Yea . . . 3/4 drums are hot on soul tracks, I do the same . . . It's a different sound and grooves along nicely with some double time hats . . .

- Nice Soul Sample Loop
- Tempo in the 70's
- 3/4 drums that groove along, and double time drums at end of loops into chorus
- Double time hats
- Lots of percussion
- Cymbol crashes that hit with the stab of the sample and drums
- Simple flow not to many change ups

Thats pretty much the layout . . . the tracks sound simple but are done very nicely . . . I started producing around the time heatmakers first started getting tracks out and my sound was heavily influenced by them . . . It's not hard at all to mimic their style but it takes time to execute it as smoothly www.soundclick.com/crackcity

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
It also takes time to find good samples sometime.

I'mma try the 3/4 drums later on tonight. havent tried that yet.

A

Authority

Vince said:

Are you on Crack Vince or wat ever the hell ur name is ......I just gave my opinion I didnt ask for no smart ass comment Cuz....

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
also, the heatmakerz were some of the first to use "southern" drumkits in northeast style sample production. if you listen to their drum sounds and the rapid snares or kicks they sometimes use at the end of measures they are very southern sounds that hadn't been used in that type of production by many people before.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hi-Lo said:
also, the heatmakerz were some of the first to use "southern" drumkits in northeast style sample production. if you listen to their drum sounds and the rapid snares or kicks they sometimes use at the end of measures they are very southern sounds that hadn't been used in that type of production by many people before.
I dunno about that, I mean, they using strictly 808 & 909 kits and tweaked but I heard a lot of cuts from the 90's that used those type snares, not in heavy usage but the heatmakerz were definitely not the first....at least I dont think so and I been listening to hip hop long b4 2000 LOL...

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn someone please school me on this 3/4 drums shit. oh yeah, and most of their shit is around 70bpm? i never really tried to pay attention to that but damn all mine are at like 90

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I dunno about that, I mean, they using strictly 808 & 909 kits and tweaked but I heard a lot of cuts from the 90's that used those type snares, not in heavy usage but the heatmakerz were definitely not the first....at least I dont think so and I been listening to hip hop long b4 2000 LOL...

They basically are East Coast producers with that southern aproach.Think about it, have you ever heard them do a track at like 93.0 or 94.bpm. ? "Dipset Anthem" & the C.L. Smooth joint "American Me" are some bangers though.