I Like that.....

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Intelligent or imaginative lyrics, good flow/delivery, distinctive voice...creative use of imagery and metaphores.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Supreme Originality, Ability to not rely on a hot beat for them to make a good song...

Originality is always important, especially if your trying to get noticed, at least in my eyes.. I like an emcee that drives people to try and be like him.. Then u know, if they jack your style y our doing soething right..

Ability not to rely on a hot beat for a good song, this is true because a real good emcee can take any beat and make it hot... I think today emcee's rely too much on the beat and the beat is usually way better then there lyriks...

E

Equality 7-2521

im loking for a poet who has either skill or a good voice. in an MC i like good poetry and good delivery with confidence. in in singer i look for good poetry and good manipulation of their voice.

ill o.g.
I got a couple things i want with an mc.

Original Voice - I like it when you got that voice that you can always tell when its them.

Non-Materialistic - I refuse to work wit you if you got that bling, money, cash, cars, hoes shit. I dont wanna hear that. Thats the worst shit to me. If you say somethin like "in the tinted 93 Ac" thats cool, but i dont wanna hear bout escalades and your chains and 36inch rims.

You gotta atleast have some shit hidden in your rhymes. You should be able to break your verse down to me and give me the hidden meanings to shit, you know. You gotta have that shit in there too.

eXampuL_oNe said:
...Ability to not rely on a hot beat for them to make a good song...
Mos def a big thing to me. You should be able to make a hot track without me. If you spit over a 808 kick and 808 clap and a bass line, the shit should sound nice.

Down to business. 99% of the time you need to be ready to work. If i ever hear you say i dont feel like writin, you better leave before i break somethin over your head.

Origninal FLow - This kinda goes along with original voice, you just gotta bring somethin new to the table. I dont wanna hear another big flow or another copycat flow.

I havent found anybody that has everything on my checklist, but im not expectin to. Those are just guidelines to me. I want you to have some of those qualitys.

Raekwon and Ghostface are about the only people that fit my criteria perfectly. But i know theres probly somebody out ther, and im lookin for em.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If i took Classics comment, mixed it with NN's and then combined the same ingrediants plus, say - made sure the dude or chick for that matter, knows how to actually count out a bar correctly and time his delivery so that its on point, as well as have a natural feeling in his voice rather than a forced one, im striaght....Class and NN really said what i would have said tho...Mainly classes comment tho..Big ups Class, i repsect that.

Sinister

ill o.g.
Definately talent, but they also have to fit well with my own style. I can make beats in pretty much any style for any rapper, but the ones that rap in a style that matches my shit always works out to make the better tracks. When you're consciously trying to project a certain style/image/sound for a project, things have to match.

aklaim

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
flow, ideas, wordplay, and definitely not dudes just riding a beat. AYO! it's cool when dudes play with the beat. DBL AYOOOO!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Good first post Sinister.....I agree. I think your right cuz if yer a versatile beatmaker thats cool, but u still cant make any random cat sound great over yer beat,...some people say this isnt so, i disagree tho. Reguardless of how great u produce and how well u see a project through or shape an artist and how he rhymes for that matter, u still wont get that "magic" your describing without the so called right chemistry or elements....I think that without those you end up with just a so-so production rather than a masterpiece.

STEEZ

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
from the perspective of an m.c

speaking as an m.c i like m.c's that are creative with there metaphors and use punchlines to brag about there skills...rapping was founded on bragging and competition someone always comes out with a better way to do it and then there on top for a while but one thing that makes a m.c dope to me is if he sticks to the same formula that made rap what it is today bragging, battling, storytelling and speaking factually. i respect m.c's that stick to the formula but find a new way to do it like reinventing the old school every time they spit. what pisses me off is you got these young m.c's comming up saying fuck the art and battlen's pointless i just want money and material objects....fuck all that how about respect all the money in the world couldn't buy that. once an m.c learn's to respect hip hop as a langauge artform his respect will come from me as well as others......

"save underground hip hop"- that kid 1982

members online