I might 've lost it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yesterday i was listening to some beats i did like a year ago and my girl came in.. and she told me..

Yo those beats are wayyy hotter than the ones you're doing right now..

I was kinda feeling that way too.. I know it's mostly cus of the lack of time i got at the moment, and i always need to work to finish up tracks..

I used to have way more time to create new stuff and sit behind the beats for hours, now my girl takes up all my time..and my beats is suffering..

What do u think? One side note, i didn't put the best new beats on because those are being used for tracks on al album but please leave feedback on the beats i displayed..

Old beats:www.myspace.com/eyestrumental

Newer beats:www.myspace.com/lazyeyesbeats

Jason7564

ill o.g.
lol stop drowning yourself in sorrow... I personally liked so soulful the most. If you feel like you're loosing it, get up n do something about it. From the beats I'm hearin it doesn't sound like you lost or gained anything.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
ghehe, i had a good conversation yesterday inspired by her saying that my beats were better..

Now i really need to spend more time behind the beats, and she will let me.. Whihaa!!! :)

but you're right..!

O

open mind

ok bro i listened to your old beats and your new beats u know what? i noticed that your older beats were mixed/compressed LOUDER then your newer beats.quality wise u didnt lost nothing u still got it but u mixed diffrently back then. so when your girl heard the older beats (that are mixed/comprerssed louder) she thought hey this sounds better.

maybe i would do a test. mix/compress/limit your newer beats louder then they are and let her hear it again tell her u did some changes and if it sounds better now.

iam 99.9% sure that she will say its better.

the brain thinks if sumtin is louder then the other that its sounds better but in reality its not.its some psycho stuff or sumtin.

btw this is also the reason why we have the loudness war in the industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Jason7564

ill o.g.
It just feels like it, it''s mostly the lack of time.. but thanx for listening and spending some time on em.. how you feel bout em in general?

In general? I'm not one, to be like WHOOAAAAA THOSE BEATZ WAS DOPE! (unless they were) lol, but in general I think they were better than mine... they were good. So Soulful definately sounded like something you'd be hearing on a proffesional album.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
OM:

Thanks OM but i don't think that's the question cus i turned up the volume a little when listening to the beats, and she asked me to turn it down, she just thought there was more happening in em.. Her Opininon, ghehe..

Jason:
I'm never to go crazy bout somebody else his beats except they're as good as like a Dilla, a Hi Tek, some dudes on the Ill too.. Thanks for your tribute and for motivational words my man..

I'ma step my game up! ghehe..

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Relic, no golden middle route in this one? Like discussing a few nights to get over it..

But did u peep the beats and do u also think i'm down par on production right now?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
No I cant get myspace at work man so I cant really determine..

However I can say I went thru LOTS of girls before I ended up with the one I have now, I believe shes a keeper. She believes in the music thing so much it fits perfect.
Heck she even comes in an sings n tracks when I need her to.
SO I guess what Im sayin if music is you , which it is , dont let her dra you from it..
Now if she does care enough to help you improve your sound instead of following her through the mall all day then thats a good thing.
Yes there needs to be a middle ground, but the music is everything to me.
What else will be there when she ditches you for your friend? LOL

T

thebeathouse

the new beats are hot son

really hot

keep doing ya thing!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Thing is, she does support me, but she also wants me to do stuff with her..

And she does try to help me, she was that said my beats were slacknig hahah..

so i need to step my game up, she was alright with it.. :)
I just needed to know if i was slacking!

Thanx for the reply!

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
Misschien probeer je te hard, te geforceerd, geen tijd is geen excuus, voor de dingen die wil wil maak je wel tijd vrij he. En misschien voel je je niet goed als je je laatste beats maakt omdat je het idee hebt dat het snel moet gebeuren of juist beter moet zijn dan je oude. Probeer je gewoon relaxed te voelen en te genieten van wat je maakt, er kan wel eens een slechte tussen zitten en je kan er wel eens moe van worden, til er niet te zwaar aan leg het ff weg ga wat muziek luisteren die je inspireert en wacht totdat je vanzelf naar je boards toe gaat.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
nah bruh you straight. your newer beats are better IMO. I can hear the progress. Like said earlier hearing a louder over compressed track may initially sound better. Your jointz are dope on both pages. But I can hear the difference in the mixes. Like that Amsterdam joint I like the sample and how you got it choppin but i bet there possibly clips goin on all over? I totally feel your frustrations cuz I've had the same ones with the girl and contemplating over beat quality and loudness. Not to say your girls not a beat virtuoso but be careful of takin seriously opinions of folks that aren't reputable. Cuz the opinion could skew your perception of how your beats should be. And then it will take who knows how long to get your thought process back in line. Just keep doin what you doin

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i like both set of beats it don't sound like you loss anything just say on your grind your beats are tight

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Damnz.. dudes!

I really dig the way y'all treating this one! really diggin the replies and am really amped to get back to the beatmaking tip again! thanks for all this..

Status
Not open for further replies.