I missing something! or ...

J

justadog

When i compare commercial beats with songs they where sampled from I always feel I missing something! I just cannot understand how the fuck the producer chopped the samples and get out all the drums from the original sample!

Just for exaple, can someone tell me how Hi-tek did it in Mos def & Telib kweli - Brown skin lady song? How he extracted the samples from Gil-scott-Heron - We almost lost detroit?

thx.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
because that track is pretty long and has parts in there where the drums come out alone. It's a matter of looking over the track for the spots you can sample from. I dont know the track, but the part after " money wins out every time... and we almost lost detroit ".... is an example where you can cut it.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
2 drums thats all you need, a kick and a snare......... even enuff of the drum that you can mix with another 1shot you have sometimes works......the best songs though have a completely naked break where you can get the drums then work with it in the lab.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Plus they're pretty close w/ the dude, u can check the Reflection E. album for that... so i'm sure it wasnt hard getting the instrumental...

J

justadog

thx, but

Heh, I am from israel and maybe my english isn't so good because I tried to ask how the hell the producer cutting the melody (guitars in this exaple) whitout the drums! I tried to find good spot in the song but all the parts are including the drums on them!
HELP!!! :)

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
just blend ur drums in with their drums, I hate filtering the drums out cuz it takes so much out of the sample, so I just blend my drums in with the sample, learn how to do that and u can flip any sample, I know I can

peter_neo

ill o.g.
Sacred One said:
just blend ur drums in with their drums, I hate filtering the drums out cuz it takes so much out of the sample, so I just blend my drums in with the sample, learn how to do that and u can flip any sample, I know I can

Same here. Filtering sometimes causes the sample to lose quality. I just blend in the drums.

Sinister

ill o.g.
ya fitting your own drums over the old ones is the best way. you have to match it almost perfectly, which can be a bitch. The other option is to find a place in the song where the melody/whatever u want to sample stands alone, without drums. Hiphop does this alot, where the drums fall out and the sample stands for a bar or something, and almost all music that involves drums will do it as well. Some songs u just gotta file away for another time when you have the means to maybe get the instrumental. In other words, sometimes it just won't work. Just always make sure you listen to the whole track u want to sample, and keep your ears out for anytime the drums fall out.

members online