I need a new name.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I was thinking ill Advice, cause I only know of one other guy who had that, but he isn't really a big name..... it sounds dope to me...... hmmmmmmm..

isn't Vice Lord the name of someone?

Lord Vice kinda reminds me of a medieval type name.lol.....

here ye here ye..... Lord Vice cometh to unleash his royal testiculars upon the maidens....lol.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
shit man whats all this huntin for one that sounds cool? take somethin that means something to you, then put it out there like it needs to be respected!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Man, if I were you - I wouldn't worry about the name. Worry about the quality of your work.

Names rights are bought, sold - you'd be surprised at how many names are rights protected/registered in some form and a record company has to pay money to clear it with the owners (even though you think your name is "unique").

Thing about how many people in different hoods have had similar names. Lil' this Lil' that... Dogg this Dawg that... Ice this Ice that (it's generational and also representative, in some cases of your status- you know what I'm talking about).

Your name should be representative of what you as an artist or a person sounds like. I wouldn't worry about Vice. Think about how generic a name "G-Unit" is. But it probably came from "gun it", which basically means "shit, the cops... let's get the fuck out of here." Most middle class folks don't know that. They think "oh shit, look G-Unit, that's a cool name. I'm going to buy 50 Cent's new audio book." What is Vice? Your MMA name... is it how you make your money? "Birdman"... what the hell do you think that means, you really think he owns parrots or... you know.

Think of how dumb a name T-Pain is - but it means something either hood-specific or specific to him in some way. It's more marketable than Faheem Najm (real name.) That would go well with suburban kids. "Yo, did you hear the new autotuned "Faheem Najm" cut? It was hot."

Work on the tracks. You'd be surprised that name sometimes has little to do (unless it's really stupid or not marketable.) A soon as you get socially proofed by a record company and your name is all over the place, your name could be "S-Shizzle" and nobody would give a shit, if your product was hot.

I'd advise against S-Shizzle though.

Work as "Vice" for now until you YOURSELF come up with something representative of YOU. That works better in press releases... and a company that's interested in you will say...

"Look, Vice... buddy... pal... that name. There's a "Vice" signed to shit-for-brains records. We talked with legal, and they said if you change one letter, it will work. How about "Vise" or "Vyse" or "Vyce" or "V.I.C.E." or "V.Y.S.E" or some other weasel way to get through this potential problem."

Work on your cuts.

T

The Arkitekt

Most middle class folks don't know that. They think "oh shit, look G-Unit, that's a cool name. I'm going to buy 50 Cent's new audio book."

Reminds me of Chris Rocks current stand up talkin bout middle class people

"Is that a new Hundyai? with cloth interior?? ooooooh". haha

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Man, if I were you - I wouldn't worry about the name. Worry about the quality of your work.

Names rights are bought, sold - you'd be surprised at how many names are rights protected/registered in some form and a record company has to pay money to clear it with the owners (even though you think your name is "unique").

Thing about how many people in different hoods have had similar names. Lil' this Lil' that... Dogg this Dawg that... Ice this Ice that (it's generational and also representative, in some cases of your status- you know what I'm talking about).

Your name should be representative of what you as an artist or a person sounds like. I wouldn't worry about Vice. Think about how generic a name "G-Unit" is. But it probably came from "gun it", which basically means "shit, the cops... let's get the fuck out of here." Most middle class folks don't know that. They think "oh shit, look G-Unit, that's a cool name. I'm going to buy 50 Cent's new audio book." What is Vice? Your MMA name... is it how you make your money? "Birdman"... what the hell do you think that means, you really think he owns parrots or... you know.

Think of how dumb a name T-Pain is - but it means something either hood-specific or specific to him in some way. It's more marketable than Faheem Najm (real name.) That would go well with suburban kids. "Yo, did you hear the new autotuned "Faheem Najm" cut? It was hot."

Work on the tracks. You'd be surprised that name sometimes has little to do (unless it's really stupid or not marketable.) A soon as you get socially proofed by a record company and your name is all over the place, your name could be "S-Shizzle" and nobody would give a shit, if your product was hot.

I'd advise against S-Shizzle though.

Work as "Vice" for now until you YOURSELF come up with something representative of YOU. That works better in press releases... and a company that's interested in you will say...

"Look, Vice... buddy... pal... that name. There's a "Vice" signed to shit-for-brains records. We talked with legal, and they said if you change one letter, it will work. How about "Vise" or "Vyse" or "Vyce" or "V.I.C.E." or "V.Y.S.E" or some other weasel way to get through this potential problem."

Work on your cuts.

I agree, this was actually the direction I was thinking after posting this.

When I started it was ViceVerse which basically meant "viceversa" I wanted to show how I basically see both sides of the track, musically and in life. Then I wanted to drop the "verse" because it just didn't flow well to me. So when I went with the root word Vice which means "an immoral habit" It fit well with how alot of people around me viewed Hip Hop and when I told them that was the music I was into they instantly thought it had to be bad... So the name does really mean something to me.

I am going to just keep it as a working name, and when the time comes to worry about it, then I'll figure it out from there... who knows, maybe my music and status will reach that point.

Thanks though to all that posted up ideas.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Change your name to Rhythm & Booze.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Because it will be

A friend of mine (who's name happens to be Rhythm) who happens to be a beatmaker is pretty good on the drums, guitar, and other indigenous percussion instruments wanted to collab on a beat....and since I was quite the alcohol connesseur (sp?) I coined the term.

I might just change it to a name of a song or something...

But as The Almighty stated earlier.....someone definitely has used that name for something...or owns the rights to it....

There's no way

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
how do you think i feel..."agent smith"

Vice is actually not bad. Don't rely on uniqueness of search engines to help you out. To the contrary, it might be more helpful to have a common name. How many people search out EMCEE UNKNOWN.

Honestly, I think Vice is dope. If you change is at all, I feel it should be Vice-XXXX.. like such ViceComplete or ViceOne or ViceoneUnique

Vice something... Vice speaks to the struggle to the story of blues and hiphop... blues an hiphop is the same monster of different decades.

true born,
-mba

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Vice is a good name...

Can have multiple meanings...I'd keep it...or at least make some variation of it....