I need a quick response

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I'm thinking about getting a E-MU 1616 laptop audio interface. My problem is there are two models, one for $399 the 1616, and one for $499 the 1616m. The only difference from the spec I can tell is that the 1616 has "Premium 24-bit/192kHz converters -- 112dB signal-to-noise ratio for pristine recording and playback of your tracks," and the 1616m has "120dB signal-to-noise ratio" Is this a big deal when your mastering in house or would I be fine just getting the 1616?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Well, the M models gives you just a bit more space in you mix, so you can pump in bass dynamics etc. In general 120SNR mean that thd starts 120dB on the output, you have a more headroom. Compared to a SB16 at 98dB?!?! the result will be a mashed up sound with hardly any room for detail in the instruments used, they just dissappear in the mix. At 120dB you have huge headroom, so you have enough space to give detail to instruments without being squashed away by a basskick or sub for example...

I think its worth the money because you get a good deal on some real good quality. It's definitly motivating your productions when comparing to .... whatever you're used to.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Thankx Format, I appreciate it!