I need assistance please

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm currently looking to buy a dj mixer preferably the stanton m203 2ch. I'm really not sure on what I'm looking for in the specs tho all I'll be using it for is part of my production. I'm just not sure if this is the right one given i'm no dj. I'm not trying to go really high end, nor am I trying to get a piece of junk. I'm looking to spend anywhere from 100 to 250 but if their are good ones under 100 thats cool.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The Stanton 203 looks fine for what you want. I haven't used that model but I've used Stanton in the past and their mixers are really good. Even if you want to do some heavy scratching, this should be okay (to start with), it looks like it has all the basics covered.

I checked here: http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/35/2192/90631.html and the specs look good. Phono/Line, Cue, and the fact it has the fader curve adjustment is pretty good considering the price!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Hey krazy, one thing that I have noticed is that having two mic inputs is more important than yu may think.
If you get to doing weddings(and you will even if you dont believe it now, it will be a friend or coworker who knows you can do it lol) and someone is going to want to sing with their cousin, not having two mic inputs ends up being one of those things that will make it look more ghetto lol.
Just something to think about that I found.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
aye Relic, its funnie you should say that. I get mofos at work and in my family and my wife's asking me to dj something and I keep tellin these folk I AM NO DJ. for some reason they think just because I have studio monitors and a turntable i dj lol.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yup, nice choice! Stantons are good mixers.

*EDIT: On second thought...you might want to consider buying a mixer that you can change out the crossfader. That will be the first thing that goes as it ages.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Can you replace that one?

Krazy, you could also take a look at this list: http://www.innofader.com/compatible.php and maybe browse for any of those mixers. The innofader is amazing!

What I did a few years back is I bought the Vestax 06: http://www.vestax.com/v/products/detail.php?cate_id=18 and put the innofader in it. Since then, no problems and it's really smooth and light.

So if the fader is an issue for you, then ya check the Innofader-compatible mixers.

P.S. I'm not saying for you to get the Vestax 06, but it's what I did. I love the mixer but there's one feature it doesn't have and that's the booth cueing so I have to plug my headphones into my main mixer if I want to go back and forth on the turntables with my headphones on. :(

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
aye Relic, its funnie you should say that. I get mofos at work and in my family and my wife's asking me to dj something and I keep tellin these folk I AM NO DJ. for some reason they think just because I have studio monitors and a turntable i dj lol.

Exactly!! LOL, Im like I dont have music outside of my own or what I sample from , they dont get it lol.
I could play Carolina Cuts!