I need BASS!!!!

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Check it out. I'm in search of some decent bass sounds. I heard that the Mo Phatt is supposed to have some good bass sounds in it. I have an oppurtunity to buy one. My question is; is it worth it; or is there something better that I should check out first? All help is greatly appreciated Fam'.
ONE

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
my bass sounds are basicly me saying "huuuummmm" in diffrent pitches.

just joking :p

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what type of gear you got. I don't recommend that module for bass. It does have very good base, but if you have any type of sampler like class said you can make your own. I have a few free ones that I downloaded, but most of the bass that I use now comes from records where the bass is open or if it has light instruments over it like strings where I can just use the low pass fitlers and its gone

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
classic said:
u dont even need a sampler, i used soundforge, sample a low tone, EQ and comprosss it, set the sustain points,

THen i load it up in my MPC and use the audo chromatic funtion to spread it accorss the keys

BAM!!! u got a banging ass bass

class..

Ther u go, that's it right there... I do the same thing but with Cool Edit Pro and Fruity Loops... Sample a nice low bass and tweak the eq to how you want it and like Class said "BAM!! you got yourself a bangin ass bass", lol.. But, it truly is that simple.. Don't waste your money on a mo phatt for just a good bass.. Cause that shit also got some spaced out ass sounds that are useless, I had a mp-7 and I belive that had a mo phatt engine in it, shit sucks!!

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use cool edit as well. Never used it for Bass.. Can you help me in Cool Edit with the features to try this? I have the Proteus 2000 with the Mo Phatt chip. There is a alot of garbabe.

ill o.g.
classic said:
u dont even need a sampler, i used soundforge, sample a low tone, EQ and comprosss it, set the sustain points,

THen i load it up in my MPC and use the audo chromatic funtion to spread it accorss the keys

class..

yo classic would u mind elaboratin a little bit more on how u go about makin your own bass sounds cuz thats the typa shit i've been tryin to do lately maybe u can give me some tips

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i am getting trilogy soon.... seems like it might be the goods....

i'm pretty into synth programming so i like to program bass sounds as well as sampling

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Damn Homies my bad! I should have been a little more specific with the question. I was talking about bass GUITAR sounds so that it sounds as close to a real bass player as possible. Something with some full bass voices in acoustic, nylon, fingered, and plucked bass styles. I already know how to make some deep bass tones as I used to produce miami bass music before. As a matter of fact; I use the exact same process as what Classic described except that I tweak it a little more in Wavelab also. So is the Mo Phatt good for anything anymore??
ONE

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
For that id use plugsound vst the Fretted instruments it got nothiing but guitar sounds including bass and its onlt 100 bucks and it sounds banging

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:

class..

good lookin out on the tip class. you should make a vid of that process homie. i have a beat where i'ma have to make the bassline to it because the samples doesnt really have a low end to it. that's a definitely a trick i'd like to check out. peace.