I need David Stern bumped off...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's bullshit. No league should ever be on strike, there's just too much at stake, not just the players and owners. Think about all the people working in the administrative part, or the crews at the arenas, the restaurants, bars, etc. It's all greed.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Very true and they just dont care...those people slangin soda at the arena need their money soooooo much more than the players and owners...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Retire?

Dude...come on....David Stern is the BEST COMMISSIONER of all of sports. We may not agree with what's going on...but there's an issue going on with the owners not making as much money as they did...and the players are still making the most they ever did....Just trying to make it as profitable for the owners and the league as it is for the players............. Dude has held down the league since Jordan retired....(I think Jordan was the commissioner during his career..lmao).

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
I have lots of respect for D.Stern. The NBA is truly global ... the same thing can't be said about other major US sports leagues. But but ... in recent years he's shown a severe lack of flexibility.

Retire?

Dude...come on....David Stern is the BEST COMMISSIONER of all of sports. We may not agree with what's going on...but there's an issue going on with the owners not making as much money as they did...and the players are still making the most they ever did....Just trying to make it as profitable for the owners and the league as it is for the players............. Dude has held down the league since Jordan retired....(I think Jordan was the commissioner during his career..lmao).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
David Stern is really good, it's just that this mess is not good, it sucks. I remember when Gary Bettman, I think he was the assistant to Stern, he sucked balls and then went to the NHL and sucked even harder.

But ya, this shit's gotta stop. Last year I was just getting back into the NBA scene after not watching it for a while, I even had the NBA online pass and all that, it was great. Now I won't be able to enjoy it. C'mon NBA, you don't wanna lose your fans!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
the NBA is going the way of the NHL. gary bettman was not taking anything but total victory. there is no compromise. i know hockey has not suffered in canada but here in the US the only national hockey game is 1 day a week on versus. Im in the new york market so we got 3 (go rangers) teams so we get some hockey here. but ratings in the US is way low.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I disagree guys David Stern is kinda the reason for this while mess...He approved every deal where these owners bought these teams at crazy inflated prices and personally promised them somethin akin to windfall profits...since that didnt happen for them now he wants to use his position to restructer the league so he doesnt have egg on his face...Rather than say to those owners "i was wrong there isnt enough to go around we acutually need to contract" hes gonna sacrifice a season off of freakin ego....EGO! I haaaaaaaate that.

Basically people that bought teams between 97 - now paid waaaaaaay too much to ever turn a profit that corporate america would celebrate, they re not losing money but they re not making the money they expected, if any of you guys got a business or know somebody that does than you understand that to them thats the same thing as actually being in the red...Then you got owners who bought or built in the 70s and 80s who paid just tens of millions and have flipped that money more times than dmx fliped taral hicks in belly...those guys, im hoping, will try to bring and end to this crap...

Fuck david stern and his bitch ass ego

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You couldn't predict that the economy would be the way it is now...

The NBA was as big as it ever was at that point....And buying a business/team is a risk that everyone takes....just like when people tell you to buy into a particular stock in a company.....

Ever since what happened at the beginning of the century, the economy has went to shit....Don't blame David Stern for our struggling economy. We have a great economy, people have money to buy merchandise, go to games, etc..

David Stern made this game a global game more so than any other commissioner. I'm sure he has money invested in the league as well... Once the economy bounces back, so will the league.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i completely disagree sucio...yeah david stern was comissioner while the game went global but was that his efforts or was it a product of cheaper tv's, computers, and broadband acess? I could give a damn if they watch the nba in china...

The ecconmy stuff is a cop out...who in their right mind would pay half a billion dollars for a franchise? I know... an already wealthy person or group who got sweet talked with inflated numbers...its like these dumb asses who thought their poorly built home on a zero lot lines in some boring subdivision 30 miles aways from the nearest major city for 350,000 dollars with the hope that it would be worth half a million one day...Alot of economists called the collapse of 08 back in 99 when clinton repealed the Glass-Steigal act....but thats some whole other shit.

fuck david stern, im trying to goto some heat games and party on brickell mannnnn!

members online