I need help

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Yo whats up Ill members, im still new to this beatmaking buisiness and recently my akai MPD18 has been bugging out and was wondering if anyone would know whats wrong or what i should do...... heres the senario
i work on fl studios 9 and everytime i try to enable my akai in the MIDI setting it doesnt work and a window pops up saying "external error" i dont know why it started happening, just wondering if anyone on here has experienced this?

thanks fam

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Have you installed all of the most recent drivers for you controller yet?
If not, Id visit akaipro.com and see if theres an update. - You always want to be equipped with the most current support software for hardware controllers before trouble shooting anything else.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@ relic yes ive tried shutting it off and on, i even uninstalled fl studios and re installed to see if that was the problem, i may just need a new usb cable but im not so sure that it becuse i plugged it into my other computer with fl and it worked..

@ shonsteez, all i know is i uplaoded the disk it came with

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Id download the software bundle they have available on their site and double check whether or not its the same version. If its newer, install it. Or, just re-install it since it cant hurt.
http://www.akaipro.com/mpd18/?tt=5

Granted your drivers have been installed right you should be able to get functionality back with your controller.

members online