I need some advice for software

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Ive been makin beats on my 2000XL and keybaord for awhile but i want to hook it up to my computer soon. I dont know whether to use Pro Tools, Cool Edit or Cakewalk, can someone give me a lil help on that?
Thanks

D

djnicademus

If your wanting to use your computer to edit your wav's then cool edit is a good program to start with.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

You're using a MIDI device, so you'll want to use a program that supports MIDI. Cool Edit is good for editing audio files, but it has VERY limited MIDI support in 2.0.

My vote goes to Cakewalk Sonar from your list because you can record both MIDI and audio in the same program, and because (in my opinion) it is a better program than Pro Tools, and you can use any soundcard you want.

Take care,

Nick

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Hey guys thanks a lot for the help, it helps a lot

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
if you want to record on hd choose pro tools!
if you want full midi control, logic...

peaze

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Like say, I just want to organize all my tracks, like my drum loop from the MPC and then a melody I make on the keyboard. And then like be able to record some mic shit. Like my set up aint anything big lol. Just a MPC 2KXL and a yamaha keyboard lol. Just want to be able to organize my stuff through the CPU. I dont really know how to explain it anymore.