I need some advice on a mixing desk

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I have a mixwizard for years now, its installed in the studio as an aux mixer and its quite good.
Never had complaints about the mixwizard series, the pre's sound nice and the typical british eq which is quite musical imo.

To me, the best studio doesnt even have a console, anything in between a and b is a degrade to the signal.
On a budget, we have a motu 8pre which sounds really really good for the money when you need 8 mic pres.
Any console you choose will imply more expenses and those that offer usb dont really offer flexibility. Like A&H has nice eq and pre's, i doubt their digital interfacing is as good.

On the tt's, i would make do with what you have and use the gear at the place you perform. Fuck it, burn disc, insert into pioneer and bring your own mixer. Be honest, it might be relevant to you personaly, but as a whole it would just eat cash you could invest in the few bits of gear in the studio. I dont see real djs that often these days, most have a battle mixer and a cheap pioneer at home and they get the place sold out with that... no fuss

Think about it.

members online