I need to sell beats

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Aight yall i am on the Left Coast and i don't know about yall on the east but niggas out here do not like to buy beats for some reason. niggas just give away beats out here man. i can't do that. so if yall got any advise holla at ya boy aight than peace

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Seems the best way is to invest in yourself online. Get a pro soundclick or a pro illmuzik account and have the quality of your presentation be pro. like don't make a soundclick page like "THIS YA BOY BLAH BLAH etc etc" that shit is lame. Make it so it's straight forward but professional. definitely get paypal and definitely look around on different forums.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yup. paypal - most common epayment system
soundclick - most common online music network
forums - most common way to get known

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
in the same boat with you Nuff B. I'm tryna get stuff started with this label i'm working for, tryna sell beats. I'm wonderin how to keep the business steady (well, first of all get the business STARTING then keepin it steady, na mean?). I checked the stuff on your myspace, it's nice shit. You live in cali so I know the scene is out there. You should try goin to shows (of artists you dig) and hand out beat cd's. Try an get it to the people performing but also the people in the crowd (Just askif they rap or know someone who raps). It'd be worth investing in some business cards that look pro and have your contact info and website on em. Go with a gang of beat cd's an pass em out an to the people who seem more serious, hit em with a business card.

Also, i know you don't want to be doing free beats but sometimes you gotta get known by building your track record. If you can tell people "yeah I produced that... blah blah" song or whatever for so and so artist, then people recognize your on some serious shit. If you end up gettin relations with someone who's doin shows or an artist that's somewhat popular, it may be worth it in the long run to hit them with a free beat or charge very little to just build your track record.

members online