I need your input on a sound problem...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
A club owner asked me to help him solve a problem that he's having...Im gonna try to paint a mental picture for you so bare with me...

This is a hip hop/RnB club that uses a live band to provide the music. The problem is that the musicians can only play out of one corner of the building, they can't move out of that spot due to the clubs setup. Mentally picture a square with the band setup in the back left corner.

Here's the problem...the sound is very unbalanced due to the musicians monitors being in the corner with them. When you walk in the club you hear the majority of the sound coming from where they are.

Whoever set the system up did a decent job with the house setup, everything is evenly placed and angled very good. I would say that its optimized very well. As soon as the band starts playing, everything shifts to the left.

I talked with the musicians and they say that they can't hear themselves good if their monitor volumes are lowered any more. The placement of everything is as good as it could get due to the area that they are playing out of.

I proposed to the owner that he have the musicians take the monitors out and use a headphone monitoring system where they can be as loud as they want to be without effecting the overall sound of the club. He doesn't really want to invest the money but the option is open. The musicians dont really want the headphone monitoring system because the artists do alot of adlibing because its a live set.

I told the owner to give me some time to think about it and i'll get back to him as soon as possible. Any suggestions from you guys? Personally I think the way to go would be the headphone monitoring system but I'm open for suggestions from you all.

dac

beatboye

ill o.g.
are his speakers working at the other locations in da club cuz if they arn't then thats the problem. If not then i would go for the headphone monitoring system because my local club uses the system and last month lupe fiasco was performing some tracks and his feel good inc version it was da bom

"go loca my friend" i aint mexican but i like it

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Where are the speakers? I was sorta thinking hangin speakers would be good.
Really you can put speakers where ever you want as long as the band is only hearing the monitors it should be np.

Have you checked this system as its playing?
What are the meters telling you as well as your ears?

When you say everything shifts to the left does that mean that while its not the band everything sounds fine?
Sounds like a simple speaker fader problem that can be easily fixed, just compensate the balance of the speakers furthest away from the band whenever they play and lower the vol of the monitors. Just sounds like a balancing prob really.

members online