Ideas for improving ILLMUZIK

Interviews via a stream with professionals in the industry giving production, mixing and marketing advice for up and comers to be successful in one of the most competitive industries in entertainment. The channels that offer music making advice on youtube seem to be very popular, if you get professionals involved whose names you can have in the titles of the videos, it will bring in lots of views. And grow ill on youtube and ultimately here too.

One point I will mention, is that with growth comes unwanted change. The tightness of the community and friendly vibe will change, some of the things that make this place so great will be affected. An inlfux of noobies to music production will really change the dynamic, whether wanted or not.

It would introduce a lot of fragile egos that need to mature, its a double edged sword and good to go into things knowing what the pitfalls could be beforehand.

We all want ill to grow, Im sure none more so than Fade. But with growth comes unwanted change that I learned on a meme forum, with growth came a lot of snowflakes that couldnt handle dark humour, it really changed the dynamic until it just wasnt the same anymore.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Also...I got this idea of challenges(challenges are now popular aren't they? :) ) Sort of like battles but not competitive, For ex. Program drums, compose a bassline on a given drum track, Mix a beat...where everyone will do the same thing and it would be easier to compare your work and improve...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I don't produce but we need challenges like compose a beat w/a limited number of sounds, etc.

Also...I got this idea of challenges(challenges are now popular aren't they? :) ) Sort of like battles but not competitive, For ex. Program drums, compose a bassline on a given drum track, Mix a beat...where everyone will do the same thing and it would be easier to compare your work and improve...
some good ideas there.
the whole challenge thing has been discussed a few times, the hard part is programming the site to make it possible. I like the ideas of a mixing battle, not just because Im good at it and might be biased, but because like you say, it gives a good way of comparing like for like.
The nearest thing we have to the other ideas is when the theme for beat this is a sampleflip of a particular sample.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It would be great to do something like this:
  1. I provided drum sounds. You make a drum loop at a certain BPM.
  2. I provide bass. You add the bass to your drum loop.
  3. I provide some instrument. You make a melody on top of your drums and bass.
  4. Etc.
  5. Post your beat.
  6. The world keeps on spinning.

crosstevsky

beats architect
some good ideas there.
the whole challenge thing has been discussed a few times, the hard part is programming the site to make it possible. I like the ideas of a mixing battle, not just because Im good at it and might be biased, but because like you say, it gives a good way of comparing like for like.
The nearest thing we have to the other ideas is when the theme for beat this is a sampleflip of a particular sample.
Exactly, my favourite thing here is the sample flippage and the battles with theme or sample, that way I can see what others have done with the same source material and compare it with mine...That's fun for me,

It would be great to do something like this:
  1. I provided drum sounds. You make a drum loop at a certain BPM.
  2. I provide bass. You add the bass to your drum loop.
  3. I provide some instrument. You make a melody on top of your drums and bass.
  4. Etc.
  5. Post your beat.
  6. The world keeps on spinning.
or you provide a zip file that contains some drums, a couple loops or a main sample, a couple samples like maybe a bass or a synth, and we have to make a beat using the kit you provide, sometimes limited only to the kit you provide so people have to really make the most of whats given, and sometimes not, because that can be quite difficult to do and not so easy for people to get into. could even throw a free vst in the pack that people have to use or something

crosstevsky

beats architect
or you provide a zip file that contains some drums, a couple loops or a main sample, a couple samples like maybe a bass or a synth, and we have to make a beat using the kit you provide, sometimes limited only to the kit you provide so people have to really make the most of whats given, and sometimes not, because that can be quite difficult to do and not so easy for people to get into. could even throw a free vst in the pack that people have to use or something
Yes,I like that, I'm thinking more of a workshop like thing, not a competition...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah exactly, a workshop. The only issue I have with samples being provided is that some people add too many effects that it's hard to tell if they used all the samples.

Yeah exactly, a workshop. The only issue I have with samples being provided is that some people add too many effects that it's hard to tell if they used all the samples.
yeah, thats the thing, sometimes you have to take things like that on faith unless they screen record the whole production process to prove otherwise, and that aint ever going to happen hahahahaha