Identifying frequencies of lyricist?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Is there a program that can give me an indication of what frequencies my voice is? I have read somewhere that a human voice is roughly between certain frequencies, but I was looking for software to identify exactly what frequency a specific voice is.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
u can use a spectragraph. The free program Audacity has a feature in it that works fo rthis as well.

Auto tune can show you your pitch or octave range. Melodyne will show your octave range and the key that you rap or sing in to. I use it a lot with R&B artist or if I just want to know what key a sample or song is in.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
what did u want the frequencies for? to boost them on a track?

It is often best not to boost much when working on vocals, better to roll-off insted and work around any problem(s) that way. I think Chrono would have wanted the program to check the ranges if he is new to working with vocal mixes - as an EQ sweep of the track is usually the easiest method, then you aren't basing your cuts/boosts from the graphs and rather the actual sound.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
It is often best not to boost much when working on vocals, better to roll-off insted and work around any problem(s) that way. I think Chrono would have wanted the program to check the ranges if he is new to working with vocal mixes - as an EQ sweep of the track is usually the easiest method, then you aren't basing your cuts/boosts from the graphs and rather the actual sound.

Yes, that and I wanted to know where my vocal range falls in so that I can clear space for my vocal frequency. In the past, most of my songs sound noisy because all I did was add a very little reverb and compression. Thankfully I bought a book stress mentioned called Creative Recording 1 by paul white and it broke everything down for me. If you are novice, like I, then consider buying this book.. it changed the way I look at production and made sense out of the plugin chaos.