ILL Battle Report - Episode #4

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@Memento Beats thanks for the honesty. that beat was short because I had 20 minutes to make it :D . I think one of the reasons I don't win a lot is the people who vote. for instance if If billie eilish was supposed to be judged by this community, she'd quit music after a week right? :D
Fade once said he doesn't like Lil dicky because he has a big nose or not billie eilish because she looks like she just woke up or going to sleep. that is really funny, but according to How dope lil dicky is and how it's being ignored, maybe my music is dope but it has a big nose too or smth? :D

my music hasn't been as good as billie or dave of course, my mixing skills suck and i almost never do intro-outros, but still the point is there. To be completely honest, even when I don't participate and observe the beats, I see some beats win battles that I don't even understand, like what on earth is good about this beat that the runner ups don't have?

So I think as a Hip-Hop community, you guys are perfect, it's just a matter of my chill ass not fitting in this hip hop pit. a 40% part of why I don't win is a matter of genres I think.

I did always think the same about C4NTK33P5T1LL (GOD that's a hard name) though, he had Huge progress, I remember the earlier beats that he uploaded here. in a beautiful way he's got a weird taste though.
Mate Remember That Thread A While About "Who Would Be Your ILLMUZIK Dream Team"
I Put You On Mine 'Cos You Are Probably The Most Critical I Speak To On Here
& I Have Always Taken Your Comments On Board & Respected Ya Opinions On My Shit (And Some Of My Earlier Entries Were Absolute SHIT) But It's Cool To Hear Ya Getting Some Recognition For The Progress You Have Made
Another Note About Its Can't Keep Still The A Is 4 The E Is 3 The S Is 5 & The I Is 1
I Had A Recurring Amphetamine Problem From Age 16-? I Never Stop Moving So It's A Reference To That I Literally Can't Keep Still ( I Also Like Typing )

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
Yoooo broo!! @Memento Beats :biggrin: tnx for this amazing feedback on my beat means alot to me! Makes me wat to step up my game even more:fire: like a peptalk:p this beat was ALOT of fun to make! i've banged my head so hard on this one.. till my neck started hurting haha 4 teal but again thank you 4 the love! Appreciate it!!!

Mate Remember That Thread A While About "Who Would Be Your ILLMUZIK Dream Team"
I Put You On Mine 'Cos You Are Probably The Most Critical I Speak To On Here
& I Have Always Taken Your Comments On Board & Respected Ya Opinions On My Shit (And Some Of My Earlier Entries Were Absolute SHIT) But It's Cool To Hear Ya Getting Some Recognition For The Progress You Have Made
Another Note About Its Can't Keep Still The A Is 4 The E Is 3 The S Is 5 & The I Is 1
I Had A Recurring Amphetamine Problem From Age 16-? I Never Stop Moving So It's A Reference To That I Literally Can't Keep Still ( I Also Like Typing )
I beef with someone, He's busy having kids twice as old as me. I talk shit on someones name, it's the darkest shit ever behind it. if I make fun of fades face mask it will turn out his dad burned his face when he was a kid or smth.

@C4NTK33P5T1LL I actually tried to keep it as Un-harsh as possible with you, cuz I knew that behind the "Absolute shit" entries there was some kinda weird taste. Like in battle I'd instantly recognize your beat between 20 others. You used to sound amateur AND weird, amateur can go away by time and then the weird becomes gold, u know?

Bro, im working on some synthwave trap song at the moment...wow Synthwave genre is a big hit omg. This is most def going to warzone
Not sure what that is but it sounds creative :D
so yea if we could bet my money would be on you

i've banged my head so hard on this one.. till my neck started hurting haha 4 teal but again thank you 4 the love! Appreciate it!!!
In my case it also started from the head, then my body started moving, then my laptop started closing and opening itself to the rhythm of that beat and after a while my whole house was banging to that beat. Wardrobes, fridge, everything man hahahahah :woot::D

But seriously, very good beat. :)

In my case it also started from the head, then my body started moving, then my laptop started closing and opening itself to the rhythm of that beat and after a while my whole house was banging to that beat. Wardrobes, fridge, everything man hahahahah :woot::D

But seriously, very good beat. :)
When we working bro

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Memento Beats Sorry for delayed response, just got back home from out of town working, like I told you bro, I have weekends to play with music... mostly anyhow. Yeah Like 7 months or possibly more I have been doing this I now believe

The only sample in my music was Rage Against vocal snippets. I did, however, go out and purchase a Metal guitar VST just for this contest and stayed up several nights learning it... then I had to learn how to pair my bass guitar vst to it for the added depth. Now I did use some of the presets to help me with this guitar vst, but it was designed by me, so thank you very much for the compliment.

I spent all day / night finding acoustic drum, cymbal, ride cymbal, hat, open hats, and tom wav samples until like 4 am in the morning, I didnt realize how tough it is to actually find these sounds that truly sound correct and authentic. I did realize though, that once it was getting closer to the time of the challenge that I had overstepped and went way too "rock-out" for this forum and my beat was sorta wasted.

But yes, everything was mine and I appreciate your comments Memento. Please keep up the battle reports, you are doing great!

Actually, here is a picture of my work in ableton, lines 1 through 7 are my drums and the bottom line is my bass guitar.

Last edited:

members online