iLL.Luminous Brutez + H.I.M Soul

How many beats does it take to make a hit?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• As Many As One Needs

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLL Brutez

Peace family! My name is iLL.Luminous Brutez, but call me iLL Brutez for short. I am a Live-Looping Performance Artist who has begun to dabble in the art of music production. I'm new to the game as I started over a year ago strictly performing whenever if ever I could. I'm a madd scientist still mixing & mashing to find my suitable workflow, but I utilize my voice as an instrument at the most basic to layer/mash in live form other musical elements that I then perform on top of. Listening to Sade, Frankie Beverley & Maze and other R&B & Soul classics that my momma loved, I never had a chance to live the heyday of Hip-Hop as I was busy listening to other forms of music (primarily Motown). I have since then (2002), have begun to listen more adeptly to a wider range of music including Afro-Beat (Lijadu Sisters), Afro Cuban rhythms (BVSC), Dub (Madd Professor, Tubby), and various world music styles from Africa (Fela Kuti, Orchestra Baobab) to Japan (Sadao Watanabe, Toshiko Akiyoshi).

I am here because I wish to become the best music producer/performance artist I would have never been if I hadn't taken the 10,000 steps necessary to embark on the journey. I'm look for hard critiques & useful information, as well as looking for amazing artists to collaborate & compete with for the adequate pressure needed for diamond & gold experience. In the past year and a half, I have created 1 thousand beats, and produced/completed not 1 song. I wish to raise that bar on myself, as I am having my first child with my wife in the next 2 weeks, and don't wish to waste anytime lollygagging. Mad respects to all the artists & scientists here at iLL Muzik!

This is iLL Brutez! Bless up!

https://www.facebook.com/illLuminousBrutez

485280_263966627025511_1019340286_n.jpg

iLL Brutez

My setup = An IPad w/ IO Dock, TC Helicon Touch, and Korg PadKontrol.

iLL Brutez

Thanks. Glad to be here. Any advice on how best to utilize iLLMuzik? Very close to completing my first beat + vocals (song), should I post my music here as I'm growing, or best to hold out until I have something worthy?

wait... there's an iLLMuzik radio? Where can I listen? Any upcoming artist features/interviews?

Scratch that. See the tab for the radio now. DOPE!

iLL Brutez

Shonuff! Was checking that out early this morning! Definitely gon jump on the next showcase... Should add in a "Making of The Beat" showcase too ;) Should think about adding in a reality behind the scenes factor, put a vignette of the process and the final product. As soon as my wife is done with this labor, I'm go review some myself! Thankz iLLmuzik for providing the forum.

members online

No members online now.