ILL OG memory lane

• beat this! voting starts in...

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Just thought we'd start a convo for the ILL OG's about the good old days on the ILL.

What are some of the best moments for you on here? Who do you remember?

I remember the usual suspects like Pug, Dacalion, Stresswon, Cleverwon, Excellence, Buku, Bastard, Classic, Holmz, Relic, etc.

It was great on here because there was no social media so most of our discussions were not even about music! I met Clev once when he came up to MTL. Holmz came up too. Excellence moved here ages ago but we lost touch.

I mainly remember how laid back it was and more importantly how ACTIVE it was on here! I'm glad we still have those old posts, that's some cool shit.
Maaan illmuzik is like coming home.

I remember pissing everyone off saying Tupac started the downfall of rap by glorifying Street stuff instead of the more story driven / struggle kind of lyrics of OG hiphop.

I remember wanting to be like all of you fuckers and 2good kinda taking me under his wing & really seeing the potential in my music when I was just a lil kid with pirated FL studio and stock plugins lmao. (He found me on MySpace n recommended Ill if I'm not mistaken).

Remember accidentally getting a certain female producer involved here and that Blowing up then being embarrassed to come back...

So much nostalgia lol. I've always been sparse but lurking. This place was a great escape when home life was fucked up. I'd just analyze all of ur guys music and conversations, sit and cook up music to stay out of trouble. Appreciate this place a lot

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've heard that often from members over the years - that this is like a home to them. It's nice to hear that and how much it's affected people even if it doesn't even involve music.

I remember wanting to be like all of you fuckers and 2good kinda taking me under his wing & really seeing the potential in my music when I was just a lil kid with pirated FL studio and stock plugins lmao. (He found me on MySpace n recommended Ill if I'm not mistaken).
I remember that, I havent told too many people to come over to ill, but there was something about your music that I thought you would really benefit from the place

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ive done that once or twice
You Think Wow GIF by Bounce