ILLiens Are You On A Mac or PC?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Asking out of curiosity. I'm a Mac owner/user in the laptop sense.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Strictly Windows. But if you threw me into a place with only a Mac computer I'd just go and download FL with no issues. Outside of that, I feel OS X takes a lot of relearning even for basic functions.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man, once a good Linux DAW comes out, I'll seriously consider switching. It's still severely lacking in creative software.
Yeah. The main problem I have is plugins on Linux. I remember there was someone that made something that bridges a VST to be used in a Linux DAW but I never checked it out.

Controversial question....I have a PC with Windows something or other. I used to use Macs and when I was at Music College everyone was on Mac. It was like you had to conform. I loved Logic although the GUI was ugly as hell. However, when I moved abroad I decided to buy a cheap HP laptop for £350. Got back into windows and found that it seemed more stable than I remember. My memories were Cubase SX constantly crashing and windows just being generally shit. Now being using windows for 8 years and happy with it. I just don't see the point in spending 5 times as much money for Apple. And you're buying into a system that limits you. My mate works in an Apple store and I told him I'm buying a new computer in January. He told me to buy Mac and get back on Logic. But can't see myself spending £1500 when I could spend £600 and get the same result. I do miss Logic but Renoise is cool and works well in Windows, super stable.

"But can't see myself spending £1500 when I could spend £600 and get the same result."
I still contend that thats a myth and Logic is worth it. But no worries.
Depends what you need it for. Renoise + Windows work perfectly well for me making hip hop and house beats. If I was recording with artists and so forth than it might be worth it scaling up to Logic as it's a more well rounded DAW. I'm a big fan of Logic less so of Mac OS matrix.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I’m saying when you compare EVERYTHING Mac’s end up being about 10% higher then a similar dell or hp, that’s all. Not double or triple, that’s simply untrue. Most people don’t know the tech side to compare hard drive, os, screen specs across the board.

I’m saying when you compare EVERYTHING Mac’s end up being about 10% higher then a similar dell or hp, that’s all. Not double or triple, that’s simply untrue. Most people don’t know the tech side to compare hard drive, os, screen specs across the board.
Yeah I'm sure that's true, my mate who works in the shop is always banging on about how the quality is better because they manage the supply chain end to end and use al their own kit. But for the layman like me HP will have to do right now!