IllMuzik as Production Management

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Whattsup peeps,

Okay - first the idea (the what):
Someone (or a group of folks) at ILLMUZIK to become a Producer Management type of entity. This person would collect the 20 dopest tracks per month and shop the sh*t out of them to a number of different labels across the country. Many artists collect beat CD's and listen to them to chose the dopest beats for their album. So the one "entity" could be the one that does this work and get paid for every song that is chosen.

What makes this a good idea (the why):
1) This could be a way for the specific producer to make $$$, as well as - "the entity" - to make their ched as well.
2) I think many of us just like making beats, but don't have the time and/or energy to work the "hustle" of the hip hop game. The "hustle" (in my opinion) is what really differentiates folks these days since there are so many beat makers.
3) Since there are so many "beat makers," this entity could help to tighten up, and even potentially, Master the songs that are going to be on this CD so that they sound professional off the break

Things to consider (the how):
- how would the $$$ be broken up? how much would the "entity" get vs. the producer; how will folks get paid in the back end (all that contractural shit)
- what backing would the "entity" need from IllMuzik family to get the beats out there?
- how will the beats be selected to be on each month's cd (e.g., VIP Members only? Top for BeatThis!!, etc.)

Well, this is just an idea that popped into my head and I thought I'd get down in the forums. I know we do the IllMuzik Mixtape (which is dope by the way)... This may have been discussed b4 and I hope I didn't violate any rules of the site... Just thought all of this dopeness and how we need to collectively "win" in this music thing...

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
sounds dope as fuck, but would anyone agree to be the 'entity'?

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I am with Relic on this, the "entity" would need to have a motivation to do all the ground work...gettin a rather large percentage and maybe a sign on bonus would get the ball rollin.
this "entity" would also have to have some connections to get this out there.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yeah, good discussion on this... i was hoping that this would generate some ideas.. it has, but it has also generated more questions (which is good 2)... Relic & ViCeVerSE really are on to something, b/c i think the toughest part would be getting started and finding who could be this "entity." to be continued...

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
so for the "entity" are we talkin someone who will shop the beats to major labels and/or artist.......or someone who is going to put a mixtape out and basically shop the beats on the street......
maybe we need more than one "entity"......like a team of "entity's"....

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
so for the "entity" are we talkin someone who will shop the beats to major labels and/or artist.......or someone who is going to put a mixtape out and basically shop the beats on the street......
maybe we need more than one "entity"......like a team of "entity's"....

Something like that could ease the load on the one person or "entity". Better to have shoppers worldwide.

Thing is, people are already doing their own hustle, all on the come up. Doing someone else's work, hmmmm not sure about that.:rolleyes:

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
my question is how u gona get others placed on a album when no one on this site (i mean the people who would run this shit) can even get themselves placed on a album......i hate to sound like an asshole but thats just a real question i would like 2 kno the answer 2.

my question is how u gona get others placed on a album when no one on this site (i mean the people who would run this shit) can even get themselves placed on a album......i hate to sound like an asshole but thats just a real question i would like 2 kno the answer 2.

Thats a fair point, whos the industry insider that will make all this work?
I think we should go ghetto and produce our own shit, but as a group.

It really is up to us to get hold of an A&R directory and send out them demos, but only after having called the A&R and telling them a little about yourself and to see if they are currently taking demos. Its not a good idea to send material if the A&R doesnt know its coming.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I think DJ Swivel, got some good connects right? He's always yelling bout us buying the FAB album..

Assuming we all did, maybe he can do us a favor by slipping in a beat disc

members online