I'm a Newbie

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @El West and how long have you been making music?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@El West I'm in the process of beginning to make music. Main aim is to rap. Plan to leave mixing/mastering to pros.

El West

@OGBama Mixing and mastering - That's a key skill to have, what DAW you learning on?

@dBtheProducer - Aha safe bro, I did indeed. Didn't take too long to be fair, just got to buy the official thing now. Everybody wants your money.

Just checked out your soundcloud page, you got some sick beats on there man! Where do you get your samples from?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@El West I've got Ableton Live Lite which came bundled w/a 2i4 2nd gen but gonna start w/Logic Pro X.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
@dBtheProducer - Aha safe bro, I did indeed. Didn't take too long to be fair, just got to buy the official thing now. Everybody wants your money.

Just checked out your soundcloud page, you got some sick beats on there man! Where do you get your samples from?

the reason why I asked is because I've been trying to make a site for myself and I am just god awful terrible in web design but I admire all work you put into yours very impressive

thanks for checking out my beats, you know I've been on this site since 2016 and this is the first time anyone has asked me that question

started with digging through crates, then started ripping cd's using cool edit pro, then learned how to rip youtube videos, now what I do is I download mixes from dj's, they usually have great taste and it makes life easier downloading a pack with a 1000 soul, jazz, rock and gospel records on a zip file or some shit …

El West

@OGBama I've touched on Ableton a bit when using my novation Launchpad. Logic Pro X is great for production though I recommend that!

@Drago Zetić Thanks man, I'm looking to hopping on that next week. Love hearing what people come up with.

@dBtheProducer - I hear you man. If you need any help with that then drop me a line, I'm always happy to help.

Haha serious, it stands out to me because I'd love to be able to make beats like that. Never quite gotten the hang of it.

Ahh that makes sense. Reckon it's a lot easier ripping from a mix? Is that cool edit pro what you'd recommend?

dBtheProducer

@dBtheProducer - I hear you man. If you need any help with that then drop me a line, I'm always happy to help.

Haha serious, it stands out to me because I'd love to be able to make beats like that. Never quite gotten the hang of it.

Ahh that makes sense. Reckon it's a lot easier ripping from a mix? Is that cool edit pro what you'd recommend?

uhh..yea I could def use some help my wix site because it looks like complete shit lol...
I feel you bro, that's why I love this website (illmuzik)
because there so many different beat makers that produce music in so many different genres

I would recommend cool edit pro 2.0, you know theres always levels to this shit, if your a beginner learning how to record/engineer in the beginning of your career, this is a great program, ive never bought any plugins for this program I still have just the same stock effects and stuff that it came with, but that's because I don't record vocals with this, I got it for free and its the first daw I learned all the basics with, but if you already got all that stuff down I think you would be bored by the program for the fact it so outdated...

El West

Haha that's cool man, will have it looking the complete opposite once we're done with it.
Yeah i'm picking up on that..gonna have a scout around and see what else I can locate too.

Hmm I'd say i'm a little past the beginner stage but still love trying stuff out so i'll check it out. I think they offer a free trial so I'll pree that, safe bro.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Haha that's cool man, will have it looking the complete opposite once we're done with it.
Yeah i'm picking up on that..gonna have a scout around and see what else I can locate too.

Hmm I'd say i'm a little past the beginner stage but still love trying stuff out so i'll check it out. I think they offer a free trial so I'll pree that, safe bro.

Cool Edit Pro has been discontinued for about a decade and half (Adobe bought out the company and to this day sells updated versions under the name Audition), so just scoop out a full version from, uhh, you know. I actually have a copy of CEP 2.0, PM me if you're interested - I just have to dig the disc out.

I don't use it, but my dad messed around in it under Windows 10 and it surprisingly worked really well. Also, it doesn't support ASIO drivers.

El West

Cool Edit Pro has been discontinued for about a decade and half (Adobe bought out the company and to this day sells updated versions under the name Audition), so just scoop out a full version from, uhh, you know. I actually have a copy of CEP 2.0, PM me if you're interested - I just have to dig the disc out.

I don't use it, but my dad messed around in it under Windows 10 and it surprisingly worked really well. Also, it doesn't support ASIO drivers.

Oh serious, that explains why I struggled to find the official site. That would be appreciated thanks bro, I'll drop you a line. Better than trying to find the..erm...full version.

dBtheProducer

:eek:...lmao I have it still on my desktop pc running on windows 10
yea sorry, I probably should've mentioned that earlier :biggrin:

members online