im going to Common's Listening Party Friday

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
WHAT! lol

damn man im real excited

time to press up a bunch of cd's....

hopefully i can get some ears to listen, hopefully i can get the MAN himself to give me a listen.. or at least take a cd. im excited cause for me this is THE dude, my rakim. this is the cat that i heard on 1-9-9-9 and make me love hip hop in a new light. ive bought every album hes had and im about to review Be once it is officilally released......

sooooooo here's to another *oppurtunity* for truth to get his name out.....

cant wait!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
man good look, and i think your style really fits Common so you never know what could happen.

can i just ask how u got an invitation?

sAfE.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:
WHAT! lol

damn man im real excited

time to press up a bunch of cd's....

hopefully i can get some ears to listen, hopefully i can get the MAN himself to give me a listen.. or at least take a cd. im excited cause for me this is THE dude, my rakim. this is the cat that i heard on 1-9-9-9 and make me love hip hop in a new light. ive bought every album hes had and im about to review Be once it is officilally released......

sooooooo here's to another *oppurtunity* for truth to get his name out.....

cant wait!

so will you blow him first or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,naw man,,thats great son,,,i know how big of a Common fan you are and this is a nice opportunity man. Good luck and tell him its stresswon with a "W",,lol,,,good shit

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
look, i have never competed in a competition before and my skills are not up to par so some people might say i'm not entitled to this opinion. but fuck them. ok, hope shit goes good for you.. but use this opportunity to find out why he didn't go with you [if that happens]. this is a great opportunity to either produce for common or at least understand what you need to do to produce for common by understanding exactly why [without emotions] you were slept on.

but good luck and don't forget illmuzik if you get in

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
well im not the starstruck type but to get that chance to meet up with a dude that served as an inspiration.... thats big to me.....

anyhow i'm pressin up cd's and tryin to pass em out, plus trying to arrange- yet again- a meeting with a manager there. i may or may not hit com up with a cd, im just playin by ear, im excited but i aint tryin to patronize him on HIS night, you know? thats for him to promote himself..... but who knows if teh vibe is chill then i'll do it but if not hey there will be other times, but i plan on makin the most of it.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
nice, good luck with that

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
that's what's up, i 've was listening to his album yesterday. let us know how it goes.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
That'S what I call a hook up! G'damn!

How DID you get invited, man?

aklaim

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
My homie is goin' to that too. Give a shout out to a Sean Lennon lookin' korean dude named Chris. Dude's a dope ass dj.

-b-blizzle

ill o.g.
Do you thing man, Good luck on that.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
nah man im from so cal- it was in LA.

i spoke with him for maybe... 30 seconds? i asked whathe was looking for for his label, and he said "anyone who makes good music". i asked him who i can submit work to- i decided giving him the cd wouldnt be appropriate. he told me who, and pointed them out but i forgot who he said and didnt want to ask again. i'll figure it out later.

but i did meet one of his musicians... said he plays for him, kanye and john.. looked like johnny knoxville, lol.... anyhow i hit that dude off with a disk and he was cool, i gave peanut butter wolf a cd. it seems stones throw is a pretty full roster and he listens to everything but the focus is on dilla, madlib, and mf doom basically..... which i cant blame him for! i tried chattin with madlib but he just kind of nodded and shrugged, dilla was right there to but didnt look like he wanted to be bothered.

thing is, im not a good social dude.... im awkward in those settings, im not good at introducing myself and meeting people, but i am learning how to approach these people little by little. its good experience.

also, i met a girl who writes for Rhyme magazine... she was cool, i got her number and gave her a cd as well.... that actually could prove to be the most valuable contact of the night, i mean once you get noticed in print media thats a major step in any career.

soooooooo all in all..... it was a very good night. common rocked maybe half the songs off of Be, plus staples like The Light and I Used To Love H.E.R.....

the best thing was that i couldnt help but feel like i was witnessing a piece of history, i mean im sure every album release party hypes the album to death but this was the Interscope promotion team there, the same dudes that push 50, game, eminem, jadakiss..... and Common now has that push and the support.. the radio here out west is blowin up The Corner and Go...... i mean i heard them both as much as i heard 50 yesterday on the way there.... wild 96.1 was big uppin the album, power 106 was interviewing him after the party and they were blowin it up..... so now com has that major label backing for his brilliance..... and to be there, that was an experience that will stay with me forever. i'll write more abuot this in the review of Be coming up.....

oh, and i got on the guest list kind of by chance (well actually i dont believe in chance), this girl got the invite and made a post askin who wanted to roll with her and i replied, and she sent me the info and thats all it was.....

oh, and friday, im going to see Jean Grae at the Temple Bar in santa monica.... hopefully i'll get tto chat with her and give her some music too.

members online