I'm officially fucked in all openings!!!

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I had to reformat and re-install my computer that I use for internet and stuff. I have a separate disc for my music witha separate windows installed. And somehow in all my stupididy I accidentally deleted the partition wich is my music puter.

voila.... 4 years of work deleted. I have not a single thing left. Not even the music software. Now you probably say ¨why didn't you backup¨

I did but my backup disc stopped working a couple of weeks ago so I had to reformat that disc aswell.

So now I'm so royally fucked I can taste it.... Gotta scramble up 1 500 USD for a Nord Electro Rack so I can get started again. And that is just starting from scratch. ALL IS GONE AND I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY!!!!!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Damn dog, i feel your pain.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
thanks man. I will get back up on my feet and making music again as soon as I get a hold of 1500. I will prob have to take a loan.

It's a 1 world problem I know. But still. I feel like crying

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Holy shit that sucks. Unfortunately that's one of the problems with computers, it's too easy to make mistakes. I've made some mistakes like that in the past, I remember when I first started using Cakewalk, I had to re-install Windows so I backed up my Cakewalk files - so I thought! I actually backed up the 'work' files, not the entire 'bundle' files. Everything GONE.

So I feel your pain.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
that is almost worse then dying,,,,,, i know the agony!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Good lookin out mind ctrl, i feel like crying w/ u man.. Dont fuck wit it tho until u research a lil bit cuz apparently anything can be recovered if u know how to fuck with dos, says bill gates

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ooouch...sorry to hear that man. as fucked up as it seems, it could very well be a blessing in disguise.next time around back your shit up on multiple CDs so you always have a copy of your work and progs at all times. shit sucks right now, but you'll come back up. don't let it keep you down for too long man.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
damn andreas my heart goes out to you. that is the absolute worst feeling in the world when you've lost all of your stuff. i've gone through it twice it's terrible. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.

Be strong man, your mind is in the right place though.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Thanks guys.

I just got it back from the computer store where I left it 2 days ago to see if they could retrieve any of it. But NO. Sadly.

Well. I'll be back in a month when the Nord Electro comes in stock. Shit.

But after that I'll be back and blazing again

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
whoa... I dont know what to say... THAT'S A BEATMAKER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!!!

But normally, if they got what it takes, it's supposed to be possible de retrieve deleted files form a formated disk... look it up, man...

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Wow am real sorry to hear that, try n stay positive am sure things will work out eventually

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Relic said:
yeah try some of the stuff from post 8.
My understanding is that nothing is ever really erased from those things unless you use an electro magnet!

They probably tried to read the drive as it is, but the formatting destroys the links to the files. The data is still there unless you wrote over it.

I took this quote from http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:...+does+formatting+do&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1:

"A quick format deletes the MFT and or MBR typically. A regular format does the same, [but] data really isn't overwritten on the whole...Data is recoverable, even overwritten data, you need to overwrite the data quite a bit actually to keep modern software from recovering."

I just want you to know that you may be able to recover some of your music and the computer store probably didn't try correctly.

Good luck.

members online