Im really liking whats happening to hip hop

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
See there, I was right about you. I think my new personal motto for myself is gonna be "leave room to expand my horizons in 2010." Its good to have cats with knowledge on any site, but whats even better is to have cats with knowledge that are willing to learn. Thats whats up!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Bez you're right. You cant only blame the masses, its a combination. But everyone IN Hiphop, played a part in how it turned out. AND how its turning out. You cant blame people for being sheep, I dont. I blame people that know they are sheep and wont try to educate. Accepting ignorance in this day in age is unacceptable, not to mention people NEED to be aware now. I Blame those that wont try to learn and grow. Like wise I blame those that have grown, but wont help others. read any of my posts here, I always say, its a community problem. From the leaders to the children and everyone inbetween. The MUSIC needs to be conductive to learning and creating a good community. Music that yall dance to gettin yall swagg on is cool for those that understand WHY its good to just have fun, but 90% of the urban community dont know when to stoppit.

Music needs to help the community. If your music doesnt help the comunity, I aint fnckin wit it!! simple. POP music doesnt help set a standard for anything but gettin drunk and gettin chicks pregnant. Thats the underlying problem for me. I wont be satisfied untill music becomes that.

*RANT OVER* lol

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Its like the Democrates, Republicans are on Illmuzik. Know bodys view is 100% right or wrong. Jjust because you dont like it, or its not your style dosnt mean its not hip hop.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Lol!! @dac

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dox I get the feeling that your frustration is with our social controlers...I feel you

Stress...Try "Murder" by UGK off of the Ridin Dirty LP...If you can vibe to that I got more for you

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
HAHAHA I wouldn't expect no less coming from you (probally the most opinionated person on the internet...lol) which is not a bad thing but just leave a little room for new knowledge...sometimes we have to empty our cups before we can put fresh water in.

The estamated total sales on Jay Z's Blueprint 3 is a little over 1.6 million as compared to...lets say Biggies Life after Death which was 10 million +

Are you kidding me? I won't even touch that...lol

@LouBez, when it comes to getting paid, which would you pick...quality or sales?

EVERYBODY HERE FALLS INTO THE OPINIONATED CATEGORY...lol...I'm quite UNknowledgeable Dac. We can't all have big water heads like you...lmao

Biggies era and this era are very very diff't. That was at the pinacle of rap music this is when it has basiccally leveled off to where is should be IMO. You can shoot a thousand dollar video now and get major airtime when back then u had to shoot a multimillion dollar video to get on MTV! Times have changed for the better in that regard if you ask me. Independent and underground artist don't have to break the bank to get the same level of exposure as the multi's. That's why I said "in this era" it's not all about record sells. Not saying they don't count but they're more like 75% of it "in this era" OF RAP MUSIC. Meaning, like I said, you have to get your ass off your ass and get out there to your fans rather than rely on just record sales. And in my opinion that's NOT A BAD THING.

I'm sorry but 1.6 mill (and climbing) are not numbers to write off!! First week or month sales are strangling the industry. A terrible standard to live up to. What if over the next 5 years dude sales 20 mil world wide? Would he still not be HELLA RICH...lol

Jigga riched mile stones with this album that he's never reached before. First time number one at this, first time number one at that.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Not for nothing...but internet downloads have increased 390481320493218432109482349% since Life after death...

Comparing apples to oranges......

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Internet....that's why.....

Damn that fricking internets.