I'm RICH BEAAATCH.

• beat this! voting starts in...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ok, not really. not yet, anyways.

a friend and i are jumping in on a dirt cheap real estate market. anyone with any sound advice and/or experience would be helpful.

we've talked to a handful of people from real estate agents and people whove bought and sold, read a few books and are keeping up with current news on the matter, as well as with stocks. so we are educating ourselves as much as possible on the matter, and any and all input on the real estate business is welcome.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
ok, not really. not yet, anyways.

a friend and i are jumping in on a dirt cheap real estate market. anyone with any sound advice and/or experience would be helpful.

we've talked to a handful of people from real estate agents and people whove bought and sold, read a few books and are keeping up with current news on the matter, as well as with stocks. so we are educating ourselves as much as possible on the matter, and any and all input on the real estate business is welcome.

If you're going to jump into real estate seriously, I advise you to incorporate.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
You starting out on a good note by buying cheap. Not much of a realtor here...all I know is it is a big responsibility upkeeping a house...even bigger when you someone elses landlord...but hey, its a gift and a curse to everything. Get it how you live...cant knock you for it. Just be careful. Now its your job keeping up with the economy.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ive done pretty good so far. im far from being rich but i havent worked for anybody else in the past 2 years. the key is money management. if you can resist blowing a few grand after each sell youll probaally be ok but its hard to sit on a good profit. i also suggest that you go a step beyond and add some extra amentities to get a better resale value...people are looking for those extra little things that make a house special likea column or two in the house or whatever...just dont get in too seep, leave room for them to use their imagination. 1 final suggestion, try to build a name/reputation...in otherwords, have people thinking they are getting somwthing special when they buy one of your houses versus buying from someone else, they will send people looking for you and thats a good thing.

good luck and drop me a pm if you want some more tips

dac

members online