I'm Running Sonar 3 Producer Edition Now!

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
First thing I noticed is Sonar 3 has a much smaller footprint on your computer system, meaning it takes up less disk space compared to Sonar 2, but they also greatly improved the interface and design of the mixer console and basically the whole program. I haven't recorded anything with it yet, but I'll respond to this post, with my findings on the performance and overall usability of all the new features soon.

-Peace

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I'd like to see what you find with it. I love Cakewalk's products and I'm hoping to get Sonar 3 real soon. What's the first big thing you noticed that was different from previous versions? (besides the less disk space required).

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Fade, Cakewalk hooked us up nice on Sonar 3, when I start looking through the menus, and options, it is pretty much the same as Sonar 2 but the whole entire interface looks a lot more pleasing, and the mixing section looks similar to Cubase SX's mixer. They paid more attention to the design aspects this time, added some more dope effects and made the mixer and automation features powerful as hell. That's not all they did, I'm still getting through some things, but if anyone decides to get this product, massive creative potential here for music production.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's cool, but the one thing I never like about Sonar was the audio editing. Something about "groove clips" that throws me off. I do a lot of audio editing in Cakewalk Pro Audio and with Sonar they make it a little more difficult. Is Sonar 3 the same as 2 when it comes to the audio editing?

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I only had one dropout peeps, I'm in the process of stress testing 100 tracks of audio at 5 minutes and also to see how many plugins I can run on each channel. I'll let yall know. About the audio editing Fade, I believe it's very similar to Sonar 2 but give me a specific example of how you would like your shit to run if you want and I'll check it out for you. Back to the lab.

-Later

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Sonar 3 looks like a hot one. Too bad they stopped makin demo versions. I think they're having a tour at Guitar Center like a Cakewalk clinic, I might check it out when it gets to NorCali.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Stay tuned Cakewalk WILL be offering a demo for Sonar 3 very soon. I confirmed this with a Cakewalk representative.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wow it's been nearly a month since I updated this thread, well just so anyone who's interested Sonar 3 demos are now available for download. I haven't been playing with it too much since I got it, but honestly anyone who is a Sonar user of a previous version, should upgrade to this version its very worthwhile for your production needs. If your good with what you have then great, but Sonar 3 only gets better.

http://www.cakewalk.com/

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I played around with the demo and I'm diggin it! It looks way fresher than it used to and the new track inspectors are dope. Big improvement.

members online