im so ready for hardware

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
software is cool but honstly u can only go so far with it .. i aint startin some software vs. hardware shit cuz the hottst beat makers on this site including myself for the most part use software .. but hardware goes raw ..the punchiness .. the feel .. gimme two months.. ill still be using software in some elements of my production like editing and effects but im changin my shit.. . and plus with hardware i can get on the road and get to some of these showcases and beat battles.. jus some thoughts....HOLMZ

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
same here! im ready to take it to another level. i mean, software is cool and all. it got my feet wet as far as beat making. but like you said, the punchiness isnt there. ima copp a 1000 or 2000xl this weekend so im doing my research for it this week. let me know if you guys have any input on my purchase. PEACE

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Holmzini said:
software is cool but honstly u can only go so far with it .. i aint startin some software vs. hardware shit cuz the hottst beat makers on this site including myself for the most part use software .. but hardware goes raw ..the punchiness .. the feel .. gimme two months.. ill still be using software in some elements of my production like editing and effects but im changin my shit.. . and plus with hardware i can get on the road and get to some of these showcases and beat battles.. jus some thoughts....HOLMZ
ahhh your crossing over to the darkside.

Seriously though holmz your shit sounds great to me , i mean if tis its somethign you need to do then go for it. But your shit is ILL man reguardless of what your use hardware of software, and im not trying to gas you up either

But if your gonna go hardware you might as well come over wit me and get an MPC 2000xl sume turn tables and a motif soundmodule

with that your good to go!!!!

class....

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
P_1 said:
same here! im ready to take it to another level. i mean, software is cool and all. it got my feet wet as far as beat making. but like you said, the punchiness isnt there. ima copp a 1000 or 2000xl this weekend so im doing my research for it this week. let me know if you guys have any input on my purchase. PEACE

yeah im leanin towards the mpc 1k .. the priice aint bad ..its got the usb thingy and i dont feel i need all those extra features of the higher end models .. i can do all the fancy shit on my computer then transfer the samples to the mpc with ease via the usb card

class .. thnxs for the compliments// yeah im lookin def lookin to cop a sound module as well.. the motif is among my choices .. we shall see!! lol

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea i used to use all software, then i changed my setup to an mpc 2000xl and there is never going back, i love it, the feal is ir-replacible theres nothiing like hardware, good like with that shit Holmz, ull never look back

E

Equality 7-2521

i found it to be the other way round. my mpc 2kxl doesnt do enough for me. wheras reason 2.5 does way more and cubase looks even better...but i havnt gotten into cubase yet.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i would hold out for awhile on the soundmodule- dont cop a mo rack at full price and have the es rack out 2 weeks later.

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Mayne I'm feeling the idea of having an mpc1k, combined with usb connection to pc running Adobe Audition for audio editing. Nothing beats the feel of an mpc when creating beats, but software wins hands down for editing your samples. Transfer them wav files back and forth thru the usb and you're good to go. Plus the mpc1k is small so u can carry that shyt around with no problem.

ill o.g.
I did this a while back. Went to all hardware. It was real hard though. I had to get my computer at my boys house because i couldnt let go of it. I was always thinkin "I could do this shit maadddd easy on the computer." But once you get at the same level on hardware as you were at on software, its dope. I dont hafto rely on a comp any more. Im lovin my hardware setup 10 times more then usin a computer.

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hardware and software are at such a level of advancement right now that there is not a thing u can do on hardware but u can't do with saoftware. in fact, as far as mastering and mixing u can do more with software. But when it comes to creativeness I think hardware definitely gives u more creative juices. I mean I been doin beats on software and there aint a single thing i cannot do (technically) but my creativeness is fucked up. I just can't come up with tight shit when working with software, i dont feel the groove yamean? When I do it with hardware though it is much easier to get the groove.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Cheo said:
Mayne I'm feeling the idea of having an mpc1k, combined with usb connection to pc running Adobe Audition for audio editing. Nothing beats the feel of an mpc when creating beats, but software wins hands down for editing your samples. Transfer them wav files back and forth thru the usb and you're good to go. Plus the mpc1k is small so u can carry that shyt around with no problem.
Those are good points to consider too Holmz, so maybe try takin a more affordable step first like trying out a more compatible controller....DOnt forget about tha MPD-16...thats tha heart of what make tha mpc so dope according to alot of users.

members online