I'm sooooo Dissapointed

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
..........Bubba Sparxxx new album (The Charm) is a piece of shit.......He REALLY sold WAAAAAAAY the Fuck out (not just a little bit, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the Fuck Out!!!)....Who agrees? Who Disagrees

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
you say this like he's supposed to be the savior of rap or sumthin lol ;)

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Yea I know he ain't the greatest, but I'm not even talking about his flow nessesarily....The album SOUNDS every bit like a typical Crunk record...and it was such a distinctive change from the creative "Deliverance" to the obvious "I don't want to go back to being poor so I'll sacrafice my dignity and do a bunch of crunk tracks I don't even like" type album. I mean...damn, the album sound super drastic and desperate for a #1 bilboard standing.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
lol.. i thought that it was ok... he had some good production on a few tracks tho...

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I was disappointed with Ms New Booty is the whole album like that?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I aint chose to rhyme; rhyming chose me. lol. yea, bubba sparxx was a gimmick from day 1 B.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Bubba Sparxx is a sellout that's why. His shit always has sucked juebos!! I usually like to make my decision when I hear the album. But, Ms. New Booty is enough for me to say he sucks, forever!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
L-LaMENT said:
..........Bubba Sparxxx new album (The Charm) is a piece of shit.......He REALLY sold WAAAAAAAY the Fuck out (not just a little bit, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the Fuck Out!!!)....Who agrees? Who Disagrees

I don't agree nor disagree, any mainstream artist is bound to "sell out" because they're not in full creative control of the final outcome.
You gotta understand my man, making records is how rappers EAT and pay bills.
His last album was a real solid album and highly slept on, definitely one of the better
releases of that year. Rock radio was saying "This record is too hip hop-ish, so we won't spin it, urban radio said "This album is not hip hop, we won't spin it" , so Bubba was probably hurtin financially.

He signed to Purple Ribbon and over at Virgin, you gotta come with those hits or you will be chillin on the shelf, rappers gotta do what they gotta do, that's why you gotta keep it underground baby!

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
shadeed said:
I don't agree nor disagree, any mainstream artist is bound to "sell out" because they're not in full creative control of the final outcome.
His last album was a real solid album and highly slept on, definitely one of the better
releases of that year. Rock radio was saying "This record is too hip hop-ish, so we won't spin it, urban radio said "This album is not hip hop, we won't spin it" , so Bubba was probably hurtin financially.

He signed to Purple Ribbon and over at Virgin, you gotta come with those hits or you will be chillin on the shelf, rappers gotta do what they gotta do, that's why you gotta keep it underground baby!

I agree with you homie. Sometimes you have to do a few "pop" like tracks that are guaranteed radio bangers. It doesnt mean your selling out as long as you still make some raw hardcore shit. I must say that Deliverance was a shiny gem in the production area but I'm not sure about the new album. As for Bubba, He aint the best rapper thats for sure, but his flow is original and he always comes deep south w/ his shit.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
shadeed said:

this is why I am goin to college for a science degree, have a trade in cell phone repair, keep my work ethic up to par, and always diversify my future options. I couldn't imagine rapping or beatmaking as a sole career.. just the thought of it sounds idiotic

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I kinda liked Bubba before but I have to admit, I was really digging his beats from before that were made by Timbaland. But....."Ms. New Booty" is a record made just for crossover appeal and radio airplay for sho. I really wouldn't call him a sellout, he was never underground to begin with. He just doing his shit. This is the same shit he has always done it's just that Timbo isn't doing the majority of his beats now and it really sounds mainstream now. I can take or leave his new joint but I like "Deliverance". It's a good album. I'm not saying he's a dope emcee or anything, it's just a good album IMO. My 2 cents.

members online