I'm Still Alive!!!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
What's up everybody? I just stopped by to say hello, whats good, and all that...plus to let you all know that I'm still in the game.

I've been hella busy with some other things but I think of my illfam all of the time. Life sometimes takes us off our desired path but I will never forget my roots. Y'all keep bangin out them killa beats cuz I'll be back eventually.

Peace Kings
dac

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Fade - I'm back to purchasing gear now. I won't be 100% until I can make my beats the way I want. I'm about half way finished though. This time I'm buying only 'necessities' instead of 'whatever'. I'll be hitting the boards regularly.

2 Good - Bro, I think of you guys ALL the time. I can't shake the itch of not being on here with you guys. I miss all the fun, the contests and the music. I see a lot has changed but it looks good!

Chris - I must have the wrong number in my phone bc I called you before this post. Give me a call so I'll have the right number. I'll be unavailable from 6:30 - 11pm anytime before or after is cool or I'll be free pretty much all day tomorrow.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's dope. What gear are you looking at?

I kept wondering all this time where you were. The last few times I emailed you they bounced (if I'm not mistaken). Anyway, glad you're working your way back. The family all good?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Well, I'm looking at a high end hardware compressor, I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do about my decks...I don't know if I want straight controllers or CD decks that will act as controllers, I want some really good (medium range) monitors and a really good interface. I want to try something new for my sampler...nothing by Roland or Native Instruments maybe the AKAI Renaissance. Definitely going with Glyph Hard drives.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I don't hate Maschine! Lol...I just want something different, pretty much ready out of the box - no updates (or minimum at the least). Plus I like the idea of having several samplers built in to one device.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha well the AKAI Renaissance is like a weaker version of maschine though, the renaissance still needs a computer it just has an audio interface built in. You could easily use use any sampler you wanted in Maschine. Now I think AKAI will catch up and it has some cool features, but at this point Maschine is the stronger platform. Are you thinking about getting a used MV88?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Chris - No, Roland pissed me off back when they said screw hip hop production...I'm done with them! I just want something different, Maschine isn't totally out the question...but it will not be my first choice.

Fade - NO!! lol

J Rilla - What's good bruh? Glad to be back.

members online